Hey, gang. Quick question: for those of you shooting an STI 2011 pistol in .40 s&w for Limited Division, I'm assuming y'all are using the 126mm magazines. STI's website says the magazine holds 14 rounds. As NJ's mag capacity restriction is 15, are you making any mods to the mag to hold that extra round, or are you just shooting the magazine as is, satisfied with the 14 round capacity?

Thanks,

MM

+1 base pad does not work with the 126mm magazines.  The base pads would hit the bottom of the grip unless you cut the grip down.

The 126mm holds 15 with some tuning.  If you are not careful, it may even hold 16 with a worn out spring.

+1 base pad does not work with the 126mm magazines. The base pads would hit the bottom of the grip unless you cut the grip down.

The 126mm holds 15 with some tuning. If you are not careful, it may even hold 16 with a worn out spring.

All the 126 mags I bought from brownells hold 15. (apparently I hypoed that to 16, so edited) So do the ones I bought used.

The IPSC box +1 slant bases work just fine with them and clear the grip and the sti mag well. They won't clear other mag wells necessarily. I used them to make +0 base pads using steel bearing epoxy and notching out the interior of the pad. This was before Dawson made the thick +0 pads they have now, which do that job way better.

It might hold 16 with a worn spring, but I doubt it. It will stop reliably feeding before they get to that point. At least with my 2011 that is the case.

Edited by raz-0