Sign in to follow this  
mark42361

FID change of address question

I just received my FID for an address change after a lengthy wait.  A FFL I know says that a customer of his that went through a recent change of address was denied by NICS because the  FID# on his new card was the same as one at his old address. He said that the number should change when a change of address happens.

Should my FID# stay the same?  Does anyone know for sure?  My ID# stayed the same. Also the duplicate box was checked on the new card.

Thanks

I just received my FID after an address change after a lengthy wait. Should my FID# stay the same? A FFL I know says that he had a person that had a recent change of address denied because it was the same FID# as his old address. He said that the number should change when a change of address happens. Does anyone know for sure? My ID# stayed the same.

Thanks

I changed my address a year ago and have the same number. However, I haven't purchased anything with the new card yet.

My "Initial" box is checked.

And they typed "CHANGE OF ADDRESS" at the top to the right of "This Certifies That"

Kevin

• Like 1

I have seem where they have left off the letter at the end, or in an very rare case where they typed another person's SBI number on their FID card. Always check everything before leaving, when you are picking up FID cards or handgun purchase permits.