Sign in to follow this  
revenger

PA. public ranges

Does anyone know of any ranges in Pa that are run buy the state , similar to the wildlife management ranges here in NJ where anyone can go and shoot pistols, centerfire rifle.  I'm looking for ones on the Rt-80 corridor and as close to NJ as possible. 

Thanks

The PA Game Commision runs public ranges. They used to be free, but now you either have to have a PA hunting license or an annual permit from the PGC. Go to the PGC website for specifics on locations and costs.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I shoot at the PA wildlife ranges several times a year.  The cost is $30.  The permit starts July 1 and runs 12 months.   If you buy it the day before the new permit, its good for a day.

https://www.theoutdoorshop.state.pa.us//FBG/game_secured/RangePermit.asp?ShopperID=35B7441E2D3440FBA3D29B1434E95226

You are allowed one guest on this permit.

There are no range officers so if you put your range flag through the action of the gun, no one will complain that it isn't safe.

The place I go has target stands that you tape, staple or stick your targets to but I've seen people bring a self standing target to shoot at less than the maximum range.

The ones in PA only allow 3 rounds in a longarm and 6 rounds in a handgun. No possession of MGs, although that wouldn't matter to most.

Gun clubs are very cheap in PA, I would go that route. Your title says you go to EAFG, what is wrong with that? BTW, there are about 10 clubs within 10 miles of there. Including tree stand archery. What is it you are looking for that you don't get at EFAG?

Or talk to friends with suitable land about helping them set up a range, then you can do anything you want.