jm1827

Citi field Parking

Going to ZBB concert with the family tomorrow at Citi Field, any tips on where to park at Citi Field?  Looks like there is general parking for $35?.

Also, I received an email about Mets games and the email said that tailgaiting is permitted starting at 3:00 PM alcohol is not permitted, does anyone know if that is the case for concerts as well?  Would hate to get there 2 hours early and not be able to drink a beer.

Thanks!

Any time I go to Citi (or previously Shea) I take the GWB to the Harlem River drive to the Triborough bridge and then take Grand Central passed Laguardia to the Northern Blvd exit.  When you get off stay in the left lane (the right lane goes to parking).  Just past that you are actually under Northern Blvd.  There is lots of parking under the road.  Yea I know the signs say no parking, but everyone parks there and it fills up fast as it is 100% free.

citi.jpg

You have received good advice from both of the posters above.  The only thing I would add, is I'm not sure how conducive the parking under Northern Blvd. is for tailgating.  It's kind of dark, and closed in.  Howard, care to comment?

You have received good advice from both of the posters above.  The only thing I would add, is I'm not sure how conducive the parking under Northern Blvd. is for tailgating.  It's kind of dark, and closed in.  Howard, care to comment?

It sort of depends, sometimes there is a lot of tailgating down there while other times there is almost none.  I agree on the alcohol, open containers will get you a ticket or worse - a red solo cup or brown paper bag and you are good to go.  Very strange as they know what you are doing but don't bother you as long as it is not a visible can or bottle.