SuRrEaLNJ

Shotlock AR Solovault Modified for AKM

A while back i was looking for a quick access safe for my Ak. I didnt like the fact that it was so far from the ready in my safe. I have a shotgun solo vault, wich i like so i took the plunge and got (asked for for xmas) an AR solovault and decided to take the plunge and make it work. Now obviously the shape and size of the 2 are a little diferemt, but upon throwing aks in there i realized its a very viable solution.

post-6543-0-57783700-1483044384_thumb.jpg  post-6543-0-26584100-1483044398_thumb.jpg

im in the process of making this bracket (paints drying now) that should let me fit the ak, with one of pk90's 15rd cut down ak mags in it in the safe and have it funtion exactly as it was intended.

post-6543-0-99869200-1483044525_thumb.jpg

im going to cover it with felt (maby foam?) as the original was and see what happens. All goes well then itll get laged to a stud.

ill keep yall posted

So the good news is my bracket should work. Thebad news is that the charging handle hits the door. I couldadjust the rifle down and towards the hinge side and get it in the cutout for optics, but that would leave the bolt able to be manipulated, so i think what im going to do is machiene a hole in the door with enough clearance around the handle to not impede anything, wich will efectively lock the bolt forward.

post-6543-0-49875200-1483070289_thumb.jpg

Cant say that i have...

Made a 3/4" hole for the bolt handle and pulled the felt through the hole to protect around the edges.

post-6543-0-17205700-1483154172_thumb.jpg

post-6543-0-48373400-1483154192_thumb.jpg

Gonna try to get it on the wall this weekend, but i have to do a little reinforcing where i want to put it. Once its up i may need to add more foam around the forend to make it easier to repeat the position it needs to be in to close the door. I could jave gone larger with the hole to make it easier bit as i plan on puting this in the safe condition 3 (loaded mag, bolt forward on empty chamber) i want to know the bolt stays where it is. I like the shotgunvaults breach hanger for that reason

• Like 2