Sign in to follow this  
Fred2

Shipping Ammo out of state

I am usually on the other side of the coin, and not on the outgoing side.

Does any one know what the deal is in shipping ammo?

I have some old and odd stuff that I need to sell, and want to know what is involved prior to putting it up for sale.

So far, I have found some .32 Rimfire,  6.5 Jap, and some .45 Auto in the original packaging from 1918.

Quantities are usually just a box or two.

There are also more odd calibers, that I am sure will show up.

Must be legal at destination.  That is probably your biggest problem.  Second biggest will be the package has to be tendered to the carrier (UPS or FEDEX) through a authorized scheduled shipper, no counter or their stores. So you will have to find some shipper who does this.  Now all you need is a label and ORM-D label.  No black powder ammo.  NO USPS.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

Must be legal at destination.... Now all you need is a label and ORM-D label.....

Not sure if Federal Law distinguishes legality other than age restrictions. You can hand write ORM-D on the box.

It looks like UPS will work,

They also offer this.....

For an additional $5.25 per package, UPS will not only require your recipient's signature for delivery, but UPS will also ensure the recipient is at least 21 years of age. This feature allows for added peace of mind because you know your package is arriving with the appropriate audience. For this service, you can also go online to view the recipient's signature or view an electronic acknowledgement of the receipt.

2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Let's order all our ammo from China.

Looks like they're gearing up as a supplier.

Thought Bill Clinton banned that back in the 90s.  Canucks still get cheap Chinese ammo though.  I remember x39 1200/rd cases steel core and case for like 80 bucks.  Ah, the good ole days.