njarider

Mossberg JIC

I don't know why anyone would spend money on a pistol grip shotgun. They're practically useless and you can't aim.

But the JICs are designed for boats and survival, so I'll give them a pass.

no offense but i completely disagree...

i shoot my 12 gauge mossberg all the time and i can hit targets within handgun range.. and with DEVASTATING impact... i actually find the pistol grip shotgun VERY manageable.. plus maneuverability in small tight areas is key.. sure i have a glock.. but in the home.. from me to the hallway.. im %100 sure i could hit a man sizer target.. and im willing to bet ONE hit with buckshot will be all thats needed to end any "situation"....

plus... not that this would apply to many people.. but its also an excellent back up breaching weapon.. as it is small enough to be slung over the shoulder and pulled when needed for entry into light level doors..

I don't know why anyone would spend money on a pistol grip shotgun. They're practically useless and you can't aim.

But the JICs are designed for boats and survival, so I'll give them a pass.

no offense but i completely disagree...

i shoot my 12 gauge mossberg all the time and i can hit targets within handgun range.. and with DEVASTATING impact... i actually find the pistol grip shotgun VERY manageable.. plus maneuverability in small tight areas is key.. sure i have a glock.. but in the home.. from me to the hallway.. im %100 sure i could hit a man sizer target.. and im willing to bet ONE hit with buckshot will be all thats needed to end any "situation"....

plus... not that this would apply to many people.. but its also an excellent back up breaching weapon.. as it is small enough to be slung over the shoulder and pulled when needed for entry into light level doors..

Plus they look completely awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyfNgfCiT4I&feature=related

I'm sure this was operator failure (not lining up his shots), but I've seen this happen A LOT. Then of course they do have a different quality of doors over there compared to the flimsy ones we have here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyfNgfCiT4I&feature=related

I'm sure this was operator failure (not lining up his shots), but I've seen this happen A LOT. Then of course they do have a different quality of doors over there compared to the flimsy ones we have here.

he sounded to not be sure as one of the soldiers asks him if he knows where to hit it.. he responds the lock or deadbolt or something like that... and it obviously all depends on the door.. as far as i know.. you want to attack the weakest part.. if its a steel door then yeah the lock would be the weakest link.. if its a lighter metal door OR wood door.. attacking the door around the lock area would be better as once you start to break up the door the lock will have nothing to hold it..

that LOOKS like it might have been a pretty solid door..

Bump

My friend just picked up one of these at TJ arms in Bayville. He bought the mariner model and it looks great. I've shot a pistol grip Mossy before and it doesn't feel good after awhile, but for it's intended use (ie just in case), you can't go wrong for well less than 500 bucks.

When I went to TJ Arms to pick up my Mossberg Maverick 88 about a week or so ago and Tony had yet another brand new JIC that he let me inspect. I always liked the look and feel of the JIC, so I ended up making mine look and feel more like the cruiser model 500 with the pistol grip and heat shield...

[attachment=1]mini-Home Defense 050.JPG[/attachment]

Can't wait to go shoot it this week! 8-)

What's the difference between a your mossy and a Mossberg 500. They look the same to me.

They are basically the same exact thing except the Mossberg Maverick's parts are machined in Mexico then shipped to Texas to be assembled by Mossberg. The Maverick has the safety near the trigger guard (pistol style) while the Mossberg 500 has the safety at the top of the housing. The Mossberg 500 also is pre-tapped for scopes and accessories at the top of the housing while the Maverick is not. The barrels and stocks are the same and parts are interchangeable. I just wanted to save a few bucks while getting essentially the same gun...

Mossberg Maverick - $300 total price out the door (Including Mossberg 500 Heatshield and Pistol Grip)

[attachment=0]mini-homedefense 048.jpg[/attachment]

Mossberg Cruiser - $370 total price out the door (doesn't come with a rifled stock if you ever want to switch) - pictured below

50440.jpg

^^^^ No problem! I figured I owed you one because I have definitely gained knowledge from you here one way or another! :D

Umm, sure. I guess. I don't remeber helping you but I'll take the credit for steering you in the right direction.

Super Bump

Just shot my friends new JIC Mariner and damn that bad boy kicks! We were shooting 00buck but the best load for that blaster is the Sellior & Belliot 00Buck. Best buckshoot load out there, and one of the cheapest too!

Sellior & Belliot 00Buck. Best buckshoot load out there, and one of the cheapest too!

What size patterns are you getting?

We were shooting indoors and at 7 yards so they pretty much patterned the same.

We shoot:

Hornady TAP

Winchester

Sellor & Belliot

Military issue

Federal low recoil

S&B had the least amount of recoil and it actually didn't hurt to shoot it with the pistol grip.

Note: We were also shooting his 870 with the spec ops recoil reducer stock and the S&B was still the best.

We were shooting indoors and at 7 yards so they pretty much patterned the same.

We shoot:

Hornady TAP

Winchester

Sellor & Belliot

Military issue

Federal low recoil

S&B had the least amount of recoil and it actually didn't hurt to shoot it with the pistol grip.

Note: We were also shooting his 870 with the spec ops recoil reducer stock and the S&B was still the best.

Interesting - thx for the info

You should try the Aguila Mini Shells. You could fit 8 to 10 in the magazine and the Mossberg functions fine.

:?:

Tell me more please? Or do you have a link? I've never heard of these.

Not really. I've tried them in my 500A and the only problems I had was when I cycled the action pretty fast(as I tend to do with this thing), they would bounce off the trigger assembly and either flip over or fall out the bottom. If you cycle it at a relatively normal speed, they work fine.

Not really. I've tried them in my 500A and the only problems I had was when I cycled the action pretty fast(as I tend to do with this thing), they would bounce off the trigger assembly and either flip over or fall out the bottom. If you cycle it at a relatively normal speed, they work fine.

They won't fall out of the bottem of an 870. It was the shell guide that keeps the rounds on track.