Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

Fox News host tells viewers to stock up on AR-15s after O'Rourke suggests ban

In response to what happened in New Zealand, I wouldn't be surprised to hear more candidates and current lawmakers come out pushing for more bans, registrations and confiscations. Coming from Texas, I was surprised to hear Beto actually propose this. Wonder how far away Texas is to turning Blue?

"Fox & Friends Weekend" host Pete Hegseth on Sunday urged viewers to buy more AR-15s after Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke called for a ban on the sale of the weapons.

The comment came after O'Rourke, who last week announced he is running for president, said Saturday that he doesn't think the U.S. needs to "sell any more weapons of war into this public." 

"If you own an AR-15, keep it. Continue to use it responsibly and safely," O'Rourke said. "I just don't think that we need to sell any more weapons of war into this public."

Hegseth replied, "This will appeal to his base: young people who are uninformed about the difference between an automatic and semiautomatic rifle. But go out and get your second AR-15 today. Maybe it's a good reason to do so," Hegseth continued.

Hegseth fired back on Sunday, saying, "Stocks of gun companies probably will go up after things like this. Responsible gun owners recognize their right to own rifles like that. You can use 'weapons of war' or 'assault ban' all you want."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/434452-fox-news-host-tells-viewers-to-stock-up-on-ar-15s-after-orourke