ah141nj

Reloading Supplies

Hi Guys,

Where do you reloaders go for powder & primer?

You shop online or do you go to NJ/PA stores for your supplies. Since Ray's has closed, I really dont know who in Jersey stocks powders and such.

Can anyone provide some places that I can go to today?

I buy my stuff from Solomon's on Yellowbrook Rd in Farmingdale, He has not had primers for a few weeks though. I placed a Backorder with Powder Valley for primers. The prices are good, you just have to order enough to make the shipping and haz mat fees worth while.

Solomon's will not be open until Sunday afternoon. Sorry that does not help you today.

How about Allentown PA, there is/was an Army Navy store that sold powder and primers. They use to store powder in a special shed out back they had so much I believe.

Wow, 4 stores. Doesnt it suck that Jersey stores dont feel that reloading supplies would be profitable for them. Its probably been around the longest....except for prostitution :lol:

The internet is great for shopping, but sometimes nothing takes the place for personal interaction...you know what I mean?

I guess I'll keep going to Tanners & Target World in PA

Most sporting goods stores do not sell reloading supplies. The outlay of capital is too great for the small return. they are just too many high profit marging items that are better su9ited for the retail space. NJ never had that many stores selling it over the last twenty years or more.

I stopped by Saloman's today. I came home with 1000 Remington small pistol primers, 1000 Federal large magnum pistol primers, one pound of Unique, Power Pistol and Winchester 748 all for the sum total of $118.75.

Not much else left in his place as far as rifle and pistol go.

I stopped by Saloman's today. I came home with 1000 Remington small pistol primers, 1000 Federal large magnum pistol primers, one pound of Unique, Power Pistol and Winchester 748 all for the sum total of $118.75.

Sounds pretty cheap for all that. Surprised you found primers there. Did they have more primers in stock?

Sounds pretty cheap for all that. Surprised you found primers there. Did they have more primers in stock?

Really only shotgun and magnum primer left. In 20 years I've never seen it so empty.