Scottcba1

Ruger SR9

Bumping an old thread. I've been reseaching this Ruger SR9 for days now. Many hours spent online reading the reviews and looking at videos. I think this SR9 may quite possibly be my next purchase, pending how it feels in my hand. For those of you who have this, how has it been over the long-term? Still love the gun?

3301.jpg

I really enjoyed my SR9 but I was never very accurate with it and it was definitely me! I have seen others shoot my gun and have no issues but one reason or another I couldnt get a great shot with it. I ended up selling it this passed spring. I loved the fit and feel and ruger did a great job with the finish and functions. Go shoot one you will like it for the money its a great buy.

-Scott

I've got one, it's my only pistol. It fits my hand like a freakin' glove. I'm able to shoot it relatively well in IDPA and USPSA. I've probably put ~1,500 rounds through it, and only had two stovepipes, and I think they were both due to crappy ammo. The only thing I'm not terribly thrilled about is the lack of aftermarket support, there's not too many people out there that make parts or accessories for this gun. I've dealt with it though. I got a Ghost trigger bar, which improved the trigger considerably. I'm also in the process of rolling my own holster for it. Go get your hands on one. If you still like it, I'll try to meet up somewhere so you can put some rounds downrange.

I really want a Ruger SR9, but won't purchase until/unless Ruger or some quality after-market company sells a 15-rounder. I'll stick w/ the Glock 19 or something else with the 15, or get a .40 instead.

I really want a Ruger SR9, but won't purchase until/unless Ruger or some quality after-market company sells a 15-rounder. I'll stick w/ the Glock 19 or something else with the 15, or get a .40 instead.

I agree, it's quite a pain only having 10 and 17 rounders. I deal with it relatively well since the action pistol matches I go to only accept 10 rounds in a mag for the division I shoot in.

Side note, you're welcome to shoot my SR9 if we meet up at a range for the Saiga ;)

• Like 1

I felt the same orginally, however I'd still buy it with the 10-rounds mags I think. Not to rehash old news, but with the couple of existing theads out there talking about high-capacity mags, etc, it's my understanding that all someone would have to do is "pin" the 17-round mag to only allow 15-rounds and we'd be good-to-go. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but isn't that an option for us to have a 15-round mag for an SR9?