Mrs. Peel

Good Article on NJ's Red Flag Law...

I just saw this in AmmoLand. It's lengthy, but good. Worth the read, I thought. I don't know the author - John Petrolino? He's a NJ resident and NRA instructor apparently. He expresses his concern about our new red flag law, the frequency of its' use, the strong potential for its' abuse by ill-intentioned people, and in general, it's deleterious impact on  individual freedom.

I thought I'd post it here at NJGF - just to get some more eyes on it: 

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/new-jersey-theyre-a-danger-so-have-their-guns-taken-away-all-of-them/#axzz6DxkOVcIm

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I just saw this in AmmoLand. It's lengthy, but good. Worth the read, I thought. I don't know the author - John Petrolino? He's a NJ resident and NRA instructor apparently. He expresses his concern about our new red flag law, the frequency of its' use, the strong potential for its' abuse by ill-intentioned people, and in general, it's deleterious impact on  individual freedom.

I thought I'd post it here at NJGF - just to get some more eyes on it: 

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/new-jersey-theyre-a-danger-so-have-their-guns-taken-away-all-of-them/#axzz6DxkOVcIm

@Mrs. Peel  John Petrolino is a CNJFO Life Member, Merchant Marine Officer, writer & author.  He's been published in Ammoland before many times.  He joined our Communications Committee a while ago, and reports to Theresa Inacker & I.  Petrolino puts skin in the game too!  Sick with a cold, he showed up anyway to Raritan Center Expo Hall in Edison (he lives near Bricktown) to help set-up CNJFO's booth at last month's Outdoor Show. I wish I had a hundred more just like him!

Here's the Bio I wrote for his first article on CNJFO's Black Wire Blog:

EDITOR's NOTE:

John Petrolino is a US Merchant Marine Officer, writer, and NRA certified pistol, rifle and shotgun instructor living under and working to change New Jersey’s draconian and unconstitutional gun laws. Petrolino is a CNJFO member, has a following on other media outlets and has attended rallies & other 2A events. This piece is his first for Black Wire Media and we hereby welcome him to our freelance staff. We hope you find his writing entertaining, concise, thought-provoking and timely on all subjects firearms related. You can find him on twitter at @johnpetrolino

HERE IS THE LINK TO HIS 12-07-19 ARTICLE THAT WAS FIRST PUBLISHED ON CNJFO'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

https://www.cnjfo.com/news/8633605

NOTE:  THE LINK ABOVE IS FOR THE CNJFO BLACK WIRE BLOG!  Petrolino's volunteer work for us includes capturing our legacy articles & assigning each one its' own page on our CNJFO website at:  https://www.cnjfo.com/News .  So by clicking on the .com/News link in this paragraph you can read everything we post on Facebook WITHOUT HAVING TO OMFG EVER GO ONTO FACEBOOK!

Enjoy!

Rosey

Got an itch & wanna write sumthin' YET? :) 

• Thanks 1

One example in the article is an outlier for sure, in that a van full of guys driving to a range should have enough sense to know not to be waving one out the window on a public street.  Heck, even I would jump behind a large tree if I saw that.  Thats drive-by methodology for any gang looking to settle a score.  Just my opinion.

But I think most on this forum are not dumb enough to post things on Facebook, lest their current or potential employer now use social media monitoring as part of background investigations.  Last few jobs I agreed to as a temp contractor even had that consent right in the boilerplate offer letter.  Even my Millenial age kids post nothing more than a cute dog picture on Instatagram from time to time.

31 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

One example in the article is an outlier for sure, in that a van full of guys driving to a range should have enough sense to know not to be waving one out the window on a public street.  Heck, even I would jump behind a large tree if I saw that.  Thats drive-by methodology for any gang looking to settle a score.  Just my opinion.

But I think most on this forum are not dumb enough to post things on Facebook, lest their current or potential employer now use social media monitoring as part of background investigations.  Last few jobs I agreed to as a temp contractor even had that consent right in the boilerplate offer letter.  Even my Millenial age kids post nothing more than a cute dog picture on Instatagram from time to time.

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic... or not? (Sarcasm, as we know, doesn't always translate well, lol). So, I'm erring on the side of caution in case you didn't realize ... FYI, the Howell Township case was covered in more detail in another post on here as I recall. The facts were that NO ONE was "waving a gun out the window". The caller apparently knew that the people had guns stored in their van, but completely made up that part of the story just to jam them up.  It was a malicious complaint similar to the SWATTING phenomena we've seen several times in this country where people call in false complaints to 911 and some innocent party ends up with a SWAT team storming their house.

People can be SUCH jerks, right? You really must be some special kind of loser when you do stuff like that! Not only is it malicious, but it's so reckless, too.