Sign in to follow this  
Lublin

MGI D-Ring AR-15 extractor upgrade - A must have

The majority of AR-15 type rifles suffer from a FTE (failure to extract) issue caused by inadequate extractor spring pressure.

To explain:

- A round is fired

- The bolt slides back and fails to extract the spent casing due to the weak extractor spring issue

- The bolt slides forward and attempts to chamber a fresh round while the spent casing is still in barrel

- Jam

My Bushmaster M4 had this issue and it got pretty annoying as it would jam frequently. Noone likes struggling to clear an ammo jam in their rifle while they're paying for range time.

After some internet recon, I picked up an MGI D-Ring extractor upgrade. It's a small "D" shaped ring made of durable plastic that is impervious to heat, cleaning agents and solvents. The ring slips over the extractor spring and increases the extractor's pressure. The install took me all of 2 minutes. My following range session went beautifully and without a single FTE. I'm extremely pleased with this product and highly recommend it to anyone using an AR-15 type rifle.

http://www.mgimilitary.com/dring.htm

dring2.jpg