Michael2013

Caliber 9mm NATO

9 mm NATO, at 36.5K PSI, falls between the normal (SAAMI) pressure 9x19 round, which is 35K PSI and the +P 9x19 round, which is 38.5K PSI. It is an overpressure round, as defined by SAAMI, but not a lot higher. If your firearm manufacturer specifically recommends against the use of anything but standard pressure rounds, then I wouldn't use it.

Just out of curiosity, what gun is this? I know that Rorbaugh only recommends std pressure, but I'm at a loss of what other manufacturer(s) also follow that path.

HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I would think that anything over standard pressure would be +P and anything over the +P limit would be +P+ - for which there is no upper threshold. That being said - doubt your range (or your gun) will know the difference with NATO spec ammo.

However, should you have some sort of catastrophic failure - whether as a result of the ammo or not, you are setting yourself up to have your claim denied because of the use of overpressure ammo should they find out.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks again.

I contacted Magnum Research, and they confirmed that they consider NATO as +P. Also said that it will "shorten life of some gun parts", whatever that means... If it shortens from 50 years to 40, I'm OK with it, but if it shortens from 15 to 10, I'd better contiunue looking for standard.

Was at Dicks tonight. They said that they received 9mm, and it was all gone in 5 min after store opening. In another store, after I said that I was looking for 9mm ammo, the sales guy reply was "me too". Not funny anymore :-(

Was at Dicks tonight. They said that they received 9mm, and it was all gone in 5 min after store opening. In another store, after I said that I was looking for 9mm ammo, the sales guy reply was "me too". Not funny anymore :-(

I've been thinking about getting a part time job at DSG to horde ammo for myself when it comes in then buying my limit every shift....