High Exposure

Custom Glock 40 MOS Done Up Right by Modern Materiel

I recently posted about Modern Materiel coming out to the range and letting my team shoot their rifles and a couple of custom Glocks in Mid-September. One of my buddies is a 10mm freak and he picked up a new Glock 40 MOS to take as a pig hunting sidepiece. He asked me where to send it for some custom work - stippling and gripwork and a Multicam paint job - and after shooting their Glocks and seeing their work I recommended Modern Materiel.

He dropped it off the second week on October and he just got it back a couple of days ago. He sent me some photos he got from MM and I wanted to share. I am excited to have a local shop doing this kind of work. I was on a list for Ben at Boresight Solutions but cancelled my spot in line after seeing the guns at the range a few weeks ago. No need to send my piece to FL and wait a year when I can get quality work done 20 minutes from my house.

Here's the frame after stippling, contouring, undercutting the trigger guard (lets you get much higher on the grip reduces some muzzle flip), and removal of the finger bumps:

47BD6BD7-0E93-439E-A7B0-F885DABBE1EF_zps

Close up of the detail work:

9AFF5D4C-B6C7-415A-99E9-DFAE1787E06F_zps

And the Multicam paint job:

A517628D-CF73-4A8B-9FBF-A0F33946B1D8_zps

E3D83FF3-90B3-4648-87F5-B6CF151A726B_zps

B2CE3DC5-4B3A-4052-B841-2A1863660248_zps

If you are in the market to get some custom work on a polymer gun, or you just want to shoot the shit about guns, support a local NJ company and stop in or contact MM.

• Like 1

I recently posted about Modern Materiel coming out to the range and letting my team shoot their rifles and a couple of custom Glocks in Mid-September. One of my buddies is a 10mm freak and he picked up a new Glock 40 MOS to take as a pig hunting sidepiece. He asked me where to send it for some custom work - stippling and gripwork and a Multicam paint job - and after shooting their Glocks and seeing their work I recommended Modern Materiel.

He dropped it off the second week on October and he just got it back a couple of days ago. He sent me some photos he got from MM and I wanted to share. I am excited to have a local shop doing this kind of work. I was on a list for Ben at Boresight Solutions but cancelled my spot in line after seeing the guns at the range a few weeks ago. No need to send my piece to FL and wait a year when I can get quality work done 20 minutes from my house.

Here's the frame after stippling, contouring, undercutting the trigger guard (lets you get much higher on the grip reduces some muzzle flip), and removal of the finger bumps:47BD6BD7-0E93-439E-A7B0-F885DABBE1EF_zps

Close up of the detail work:9AFF5D4C-B6C7-415A-99E9-DFAE1787E06F_zps

And the Multicam paint job:A517628D-CF73-4A8B-9FBF-A0F33946B1D8_zpsE3D83FF3-90B3-4648-87F5-B6CF151A726B_zpsB2CE3DC5-4B3A-4052-B841-2A1863660248_zps

If you are in the market to get some custom work on a polymer gun, or you just want to shoot the shit about guns, support a local NJ company and stop in or contact MM.

10mm freaks are the smartest guys, ask me how I know? ;)

Awesome looking. What's better than worked glock?

• Like 1

Looks awesome, what was the price tag?

That I don't know, I didn't ask my buddy.

I'm planning on getting one of my guns done soon. When I do, I'll post some pics and exact specs - including cost.

10mm freaks are the smartest guys, ask me how I know? ;)

Awesome looking. What's better than worked glock?

:rofl: :rofl:

I'll stick to my 10mm Kurtz.

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Looks awesome, what was the price tag?

It's generally not cheap for good quality glock work. The paint cost varies in complexity. Stippling is tedious and time cosuming but IMHO worth it.

• Like 1