antiriad

Dealing with NJ DoL BS for months. Any advice.

Just trying to get some recommendations what to do next. Dealing with an Unemployment case from 2019 where I collected Unemployment for 4 weeks between 2 Consulting Jobs. The NJ state came back and claimed that for 2 weeks I should not be collecting Unemployment because of a missed time check for 4 hours overtime my previous employer forgot to add in previous paychecks after I left the company.

I went through the review board on April 2020 and the outcome was that I didn't have to pay back the 2 weeks of Unemployment. They told me it could take some time until the records get updated. Fast forward 10 months later I am still getting statement for DoL to pay the money back.

Over the last  10 months I have sent 4-5 certified letters to the DoL PO box in the return address and also had a Lawyer inquire about the same. I have also sent inquires to the Governors office and letters addressed to Senior Directors of the NJ Dol. I never received any response back or any kind of acknowledgement.

This state is really going to Sh!t. Nowadays I can't even get anyone to pick up the phone at the Review Board office. It is almost that the state doesn't exist.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do next? Do they send to collections or they just subtract the supposedly owned amount from my next State Return? I have a legal plan with my current company and I want to also know what legal options I have because of this debauchery. I have worked for 23 years in NJ and I have only collected 6 weeks of Unemployment all this time and now they want 2 weeks back because of a 280$ check that my previous employer forgot to send when I was employed with them. This state is getting too ridiculous.

Send them the money $1 at a time. This way, there is repayment and they might not be able to advance to collection. make check to:

Treasurer -State of New Jersey, 

Mail to NJ Division of Treasury, Division of Revenue, PO Box 417, Trenton NJ 08646-0417

Your cancelled checks should be saved as a receipt in case repayment issue ever bites you in the rump roast. Just an idea, I am not with the Gov. 

4 minutes ago, rifleman said:

Send them the money $1 at a time. This way, there is repayment and they might not be able to advance to collection. make check to:

Treasurer -State of New Jersey, 

Mail to NJ Division of Treasury, Division of Revenue, PO Box 417, Trenton NJ 08646-0417

Your cancelled checks should be saved as a receipt in case repayment issue ever bites you in the rump roast. Just an idea, I am not with the Gov. 

Yes but in this way I am admitting that I owe the money even though I should not since I won the Appeals hearing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

•  

NJGunForums Web Banner Ad July 2021[74426].jpg

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Ok, so I spent the last couple days cleaning the basement and going through all the random stuff I accumulated over the last few years that has been sitting in my famous parts bins and I have the following stuff for sale.   Everything is in great condition. Some stuff still has tags on it. I will update this post as items sell, and I will be adding to it as I find more stuff.   If you’d like to discuss trade ideas, let me know via PM.   Venmo and cash preferred. I’ll take a USPSMO, but you’ll have to wait till I get it and deposit it before I ship anything.   I live near Sandy Hook and work in Middlesex County. I am open to Face to Face deals that aren’t too far out of my way. Otherwise, if you want something shipped, add $8 to get it to you. If you want extra insurance, let me know and we’ll figure it out.   I’ll put photos up when I have a minute. In the meantime, photos on request via PM.   For Sale:   • Eagle FB pouch - holds 2 AR mags with 4 Glock mags stacked in front, MOLLE attachment, black - $80 • Gcode Scorpion soft shell AR single mag pouch, MOLLE/PALS attachment, black - $25   • ESSTAC Triple M4 Tall KYWI magazine pouch, Malice Clips included, black- $55   • BCM pistol and pic rail mount vertical grip, Wolf gray - $40   • BCM vertical grip MLOK, black - $30   • Strike Industries handstop MLOK or Keymod - $25 (scratches on the rear screw)   • MFT React Adjustable Vertical Grip - $20   • Magpul MOE Midlength Handguard, black - $30 • Magpul K Pistol Grip, pic rail mount Vertical Grip, and ACS Stock, Magpul Gray - $110   • Magpul Paraclip and pic rail front sling mount system - $35   • Magpul vertical grip MLOK, black - $20   • Tangodown pistol and pic rail mount vertical grip, Foliage Green - $65   • Tangodown MRO cover, black $35   • Safariland MLS fork and plate (no hardware) - $10   • Olight Mini Valkyrie pistol WML - $70 • HSGI Lasercut belt pad XL - $50 • Ameriglo Spartan Operator night sights, fit small frame Gen 3 &4 Glocks (G26/27, 19/23, 17/22, 34/35), these are less than a year old, orange front sight, very bright tritium - $60   • Reptilia 10mm RMR/Holosun riser - $40   Thanks for looking. More to come soon - (slings, holsters, AR parts)   First to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale.    
    • Medal rounds for the mixed-team Air Rifle and Air Pistol events were held today.   This is a new event in this Olympic cycle, with each mixed team composed of one male and one female shooter from their respective national team in each discipline. Mixed Team 10 meter Air Rifle Gold:  China Silver:  USA Bronze: Russia*   Mixed Team 10 meter Air Pistol Gold:  China Silver: Russia* Bronze: Ukraine   *Russia and many of their top athletes are currently serving out a multi-year ban from international competition, as a result of being busted for state-sponsored doping violations on a massive scale.  However, many of their athletes are still being allowed to compete as the 'Russian Olympic Committee' (ROC) team, flying Russian colors but not the actual flag.   I'll still refer to them as Russia here. Russia making a mockery of their Olympics ban
    • Nope.  They just left it at my door.  Was USPS - has USPS stickers all over it, not Fedex.
    • Really? Mine was FedEx all the way. I assumed the signature/age requirement was because of the value. It's not a firearm and there's no serial number. Did you have to sign?