Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

According to Jersey City police, hollow points are illegal

"A Jersey City police spokesman said Turner's hollow-point bullets are illegal, and added that only law enforcement officers and members of the military can own them."

They are wrong but it goes to show the attitude of police and that NJ guns laws are so complex, even the police don't understand them.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2009 ... ds_of.html

PS: He had an "arsenal" of 350 bullets.

They're confusing their terminology.

350 rounds is a "cache" of ammo. 350 rounds of HP is a "cache of illegal and deadly cop killer bullets".

5 firearms or more is an "arsenal", and if there's anything black in there it's an "arsenal of military assault weapons" and the owner is automatically guilty of AWB violations.

I wish they would get it right. It confuses me when their descriptions are wrong.

K

Yes, very true...

Evil baby killer black rifles and bullets designed to kill everything in their path. I think its obvious at this point, he MUST be a terrorist and operating a sleeper cell via his internet radio blog. He was probably moments away from a deadly rampage. Ughhhh I need to get out of this state.

yeah, I think just about everyone does. The media likes to portray gun owners as evil baby killers who have hoards and cache's of ammo. They can hear about someone having a couple of bulk packs of .22lr's .... next thing you know its, a cache of thousands of rounds of ammo!!!!! :roll:

From what I know, Hal Turner lived in North Bergen, not Jersey city. why they are commenting I don't know. Never ask the bosses anything. they rarely know.

In any case, none of the charges involved firearms or ammunition. Anyone using the Journal as a source in nuts. they don't even proof read their own articles. I'm actually surprised that the paper is still being published.

From what I know, Hal Turner lived in North Bergen, not Jersey city. why they are commenting I don't know. Never ask the bosses anything. they rarely know.

In any case, none of the charges involved firearms or ammunition. Anyone using the Journal as a source in nuts. they don't even proof read their own articles. I'm actually surprised that the paper is still being published.

More than likely the "JCPD Spokesman" was some rookie or House-mouse that is the ONLY cop the newsie could get to talk to them... NOBODY i know of who actually does the job will even tell a reporter the time of day nevermind give any type of Opinion on or off the record.

More than likely the "JCPD Spokesman" was some rookie or House-mouse that is the ONLY cop the newsie could get to talk to them... NOBODY i know of who actually does the job will even tell a reporter the time of day nevermind give any type of Opinion on or off the record.

Maybe they asked a meter maid.

Maybe they asked a meter maid.

Wouldnt surprise me, i know the Jerky Journal has a hard time differentiating between Parking Authority Jagoffs and JCPD when it comes to their stories.