I remember reading a few years ago that under RICO laws the ATF could prosecute you as an illegal arms dealer if you sell more then a certain # of guns in a year w/o an FFL. I thoght the # was 5.
\

There is no magic number.

I remember reading a few years ago that under RICO laws the ATF could prosecute you as an illegal arms dealer if you sell more then a certain # of guns in a year w/o an FFL. I thoght the # was 5.
\

This what matters is if they can show a "Pattern of Behavior" For instance, you bought 20 AR lowers when they were $99.00 each from say Elite Arms no worries, no limits as to how many you can purchase. NOW, 3 years later the panic is full blown and you sell off 10-15 of those recievers for $300.00 each. NOW you are acting as an unlicensed dealer as you are clearly selling those receivers to make a profit.

\

This what matters is if they can show a "Pattern of Behavior" For instance, you bought 20 AR lowers when they were $99.00 each from say Elite Arms no worries, no limits as to how many you can purchase. NOW, 3 years later the panic is full blown and you sell off 10-15 of those recievers for $300.00 each. NOW you are acting as an unlicensed dealer as you are clearly selling those receivers to make a profit.

that's right, cause how dare a private citizen turn a profit on his or her personal property!

\

I would think that 3 years is an extremely long time for a "dealer" to sit on guns to make a sale. If the turn around time is 3 weeks, that is another story.