Mrs. Peel

WTS (actually "free") - Hammer Strut Support for some Ruger MK Pistols (Makes Reassembly Easier)

I own an older Ruger 22/45 - it's a REAL PAIN to take down and reassemble (which is why I rarely clean it, lol). My uncle, at a gun show somewhere, knowing that it was a problem... had picked up an after-market gadget that you install in these older Ruger MK pistols to make reassembly much easier. When he presented it to me, we read the instructions closely and, sadly, discovered it DOESN'T work with the "22/45" model I own! Anyway, we both agreed I should just take this mistake and turn it into a pro-2A "pay it forward" moment... so I'm giving this away for free! It's not a pricey item. List price is 20 bucks and I believe he paid a little less than that.

• Please check your model & if necessary, serial number >>> According to the instructions, based on various manufacturing design changes over the years, this fits all Ruger MK pistols EXCEPT: 22/45 versions, MK IV pistols, and some MK I 1965-1969 versions (serial # 334991 and above) and some MK I 1970-1975 versions (serial # 10-58067 to 13-49225).
  • Please review their website - www.hammerstrutsupport.com - for assembly instructions. 
  • Please be honorable - respect my intention to give this as a freebie to someone who already has an older Ruger & would appreciate an easier reassembly process. (In other words, appreciate it if you don't request it with intention to resell). I'm happy to just keep bumping this on occasion until we find someone who needs it.

As per our usual process, the first to post "I'll take it..." on this thread will win this item. Afterwards, you can send me your mailing address via pm.

• Like 1

Good deal.

I have one of the older Rugers and it is a royal pain to break down. Right up there with not following instructions breaking down my Kimber.

I also have the strut so don't need this one, a simple fix for a nightmare problem.

Thanks for offering up.

• Like 1