EWC88

Architect recommendations?

With recent news, I need to look into added an addition to my home. Trying to see if anyone on here recommends any architects in the South Jersey area? Also any information regarding all these steps I have to take? I’m new to this, not sure a round about idea how much architects cost, what to look into with one, etc. Thank you in advance! 

We have a major renovation going on at our home in Seaside Park.  We worked with Mark Marcille, who has offices in Metuchen and Seaside Park.  He has been great, but I have no idea if he works in your area.  You might try giving him a call to find out.

Another way to approach this would be to get a builder on board and have them recommend an architect.  A lot of builders do this and would prefer to work with someone that they know and trust.  Perhaps @maintenanceguy could chime in with recommendations in your area.  The ones I have don't really work outside of Central Jersey.

11 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Another way to approach this would be to get a builder on board and have them recommend an architect.  A lot of builders do this and would prefer to work with someone that they know and trust.  Perhaps @maintenanceguy could chime in with recommendations in your area.  The ones I have don't really work outside of Central Jersey.

The architects I work with only handle commercial projects.  I haven't been involved in a residential projects for a long time.

• Informative 1

12 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

The architects I work with only handle commercial projects.  I haven't been involved in a residential projects for a long time.

It was worth a shot.  A lot of the staff of the firms that I employ do residential on the side.