When did this did happen?  25 bucks for a pistol permit?  That’s what I said when the Rumson PD called me after I filled out the online form. I guess democrats hate poor people. I haven’t bought a gun here in awhile because, obviously, it’s much easier in FL. However, someone has a pistol I want and it’s just easier, so, I thought, to buy it in NJ directly.  But 25 bucks for a permit and all the transfer costs kill the economics.  I did commit and, of course, I’m gonna complete the deal.  

I can’t believe the price of the permits though. 

• Agree 3

Yep. I believe the increase was included with the NJ bill (A4769?) that feebly attempted to resurrect NJ's unconstitutional efforts to deny PtC by distorting the requirements of the Bruen decision. If not, it was an administrative rule change that occured at about the same time. A case could absolutely be made that it discriminates against poorer people, but it pales in comparison with the total cost of obtaining and maintaining the NJ PtC itself, which may be on the order of $1000 per year (if not more). See this thread for more info:        

• Informative 1

On 8/5/2023 at 10:53 PM, Rob0115 said:

When did this did happen?  25 bucks for a pistol permit?  That’s what I said when the Rumson PD called me after I filled out the online form. I guess democrats hate poor people. I haven’t bought a gun here in awhile because, obviously, it’s much easier in FL. However, someone has a pistol I want and it’s just easier, so, I thought, to buy it in NJ directly.  But 25 bucks for a permit and all the transfer costs kill the economics.  I did commit and, of course, I’m gonna complete the deal.  

I can’t believe the price of the permits though. 

$96 for 3 permits and processing fees. All gun control laws/rules/regulations are rooted in discrimination/racism. That's a verifiable fact. NJ is just continuing the tradition.

• Agree 4

I have all I need.

Great Grandad, Grandad + Dad all were very kind to us when they punched out.

NJ rats are no better than FJB.  Destroy the traitor d-rat RICO gang by every legal means available. 

You know - like the rats are trying to do to us and their enemies. 

• Agree 1

I hate revive a zombie thread but I too have to vent about the cost of a P2P.  The $25 cost is completely misleading.

You local PD gets the $25 and NJ extorts another $21 out of you for the privilege of using their poorly designed website bringing your total cost to $46 to exercise a civil right. It's criminal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4