70gto

Glock 47 9mm

I ordered a glock gen 5 model 17 with mos and amglo sights many moons ago. A Glock 47 gen 5 mos , amglo sights shows up in its place. I believe the 17 is being replaced with the 47. To be honest, I am glad I took it in its place, its the minor upgrades that sweeten the whole package and quiet honestly, I couldn't be happier. Pics of this pretty girl later when I get home.

Correct. The G17MOS Gen 5 is no more (unless you are a police agency that supplies them as a Duty Gun).

The G47 MOS and G45 MOS has taken their place for all new sales.

You may still see G17 MOS Gen 4s being made due to the California laws requiring any pistols sold there to be on an existing list.

Congrats on the new gun. They are nice.

1 hour ago, 70gto said:

Will the shorter dust cover on the bottom affect the mounting of different things like lights etc? Thanks

Nope. It’s the same size as a G19 dustcover. Everything will fit from an X300U to a TLR7a.

1 hour ago, 70gto said:

Flared magwell is a nice touch. The amglo sight for me is nice .

All of the gen 5 guns have that. A few companies make aftermarket magwells if you want someone more substantial. I like the Ed Sherman offering, personally.

As to the irons - I was pleasantly surprised Glock started offering those as a factory option. The Ameriglo Spartan Operator sights (which are basically what these are) are my preferred option for an Iron sighted gun.

Edited by High Exposure
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1

I think the amglo sight or any other easy to acquire sight is vital in a SHTF situation especially for the compact or micro handguns, at that time its just a point and shoot once you acquire that front sight. JMHO. I will look at the sight you recommended, I want all the split second advantages on my side.  IN a stressful situation, you or them. you gotta find that front sight quick.

49 minutes ago, 70gto said:

ON another note, what do you like for concealed carry for this mother?

What ever you feel comfortable with and shoot well.  My wife shots my ruger lc well but recently shot my sister glock 43x and absolutely loves it so I'm sure that's in my future for her

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 70gto said:

I think the amglo sight or any other easy to acquire sight is vital in a SHTF situation especially for the compact or micro handguns, at that time its just a point and shoot once you acquire that front sight. JMHO. I will look at the sight you recommended, I want all the split second advantages on my side.  IN a stressful situation, you or them. you gotta find that front sight quick.

The sights I recommended is basically the sights you have. I am glad Glock offered them as a factory choice. 

1 hour ago, 70gto said:

ON another note, what do you like for concealed carry for this mother?

Holster?

Whats your preferred carry? IWB? OWB? AIWB?