As I posted in our sub forum.  Pistol braces are back thanks to a new nationwide injunction.  For the legal geeks out there, here is a copy of the injunction.

https://will-law.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/177116400067.pdf

We started shipping firearm non-NFAs with magpul and SB braces today. Check your favorite DSI dealer next week.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, TFDagger said:

Is there any new news or updates on this issue?  I noticed my LGS still doesn’t sell their Others with a stock…

An 'other' with a stock would be an SBR. That's the whole point of a pistol brace. It is not a stock.

Just now, Dark Storm said:

Yes, it would be an SBR.  I assumed he was referring to braces.

I guessed so too, but words have meanings and we are constantly under attack from the gun banners using the tactic of changing language to suit their purposes. I am constantly irritated by people, even those who are supposedly on our side, saying that people are killed BY guns. They are not killed BY a gun. They are killed BY a person WITH a gun. However, by subtly changing the language, the gun becomes the evil thing, not the person wielding it, and so gun bans gain support. How about banning evil people?

• Agree 1

It seemed pretty obvious based on the topic and the context, but YMMV. 

Let’s keep this thread focused on the topic of PISTOL BRACE updates here in NJ.

Appreciate your response Dark Storm and keep up the good work for us here in NJ!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TFDagger said:

I noticed my LGS still doesn’t sell their Others with a stock…

As long as folks keep calling braces, stocks, the left will want to ban them even more.  Look, nobody here is stupid, we all know what's up with these "braces" that are not an SBR.  It doesn't help when people foolishly call them stocks.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, TFDagger said:

It seemed pretty obvious based on the topic and the context, but YMMV. 

“Obvious” is reading the words you wrote and believing you said what you meant to say.

”Obvious” is not inferring meaning or making corrections to a written statement based on “context”.

Like @Mr.Stu said, words have meaning. We should all strive to be precise - especially when talking about a topic that hinges solely on the exact definitions of the words “stock” and “brace”.

Using those terms interchangeably and basing the definition of either of them on “context” is how we got here in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it's a duck.

Let's be real here. Nobody uses a brace on their arm, except the guy without one.

And to be clear, I am against all NFA laws.