My wife and I have been down here for a few weeks enjoying life in the land of sunshine and freedom.  A couple of days ago we got together with some long-time friends from New Jersey who have been down here for almost 20 years.  At one point the conversation turned to guns. (Of course I was carrying, unbeknownst to them.) They told me that there was a law that had been passed that made it legal for anyone to carry a gun.  I played along, but pointed out that there are rarely any shootings taking place.  They told me that there are a lot of shootings from road rage incidents, where people use Stand Your Ground Laws as a defense, claiming that they had been attacked.  I had never heard that, but I let the subject drop.  Anyone know if this is true?

Later, back at their house, my friend showed me a baseball bat he keeps in the bedroom in case of intruders.  I wanted to say that I preferred the shotgun that I keep handy, but being a good friend, I kept my mouth shut. 

Road rage shootings, haven't heard of any. But then I don't watch muchi local news, the girls in my life tend to monitor the social media gossip and never told me of one but do hear a lot of car related deaths mostly pedestrian. I don't think it's better or worse than any other legally armed society.