Downtownv

Data Shows Majority of N.J. Carry Permit Denials Based on Subjective Standard

By John Petrolino 

The Attorney General’s office did not comment, so I followed up Monday night, and again Wednesday March 20th. I stated to Platkin’s office that I’d be happy to wait for a comment, but if there’s no comment, to let me know. Platkin’s office replied with, “Thanks for your email. The office declines to comment,” from an unsigned individual.

Platkin’s office is now aware of this issue.

Getting the information that more than half of the denials are based on practices that go against several U.S. Supreme Court opinions should be an eye opener to the executive branch in New Jersey. It’s the attorney general’s duty to only execute sound law and has issued policy letters and guidelines in the past clarifying the state’s position on bad law.

What Platkin’s office is planning on doing about issuing authorities upholding a provision of the law that’s clearly a violation of civil liberties per Heller, Buren, et.al. is not known. Considering this data is new to everyone, we can only speculate that after this topic is fully explored, these illegal denials will be remedied swiftly by Platkin’s office. 

Full article Here:

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2024/03/21/data-shows-majority-of-nj-carry-permit-denials-based-on-verboten-subjective-standard-n1224269?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=00ea90fbf351bbfd29c96affd26f2dca49954a466ec9e3e8139f308bd8a1cb93

Full article here: 

On 3/21/2024 at 3:09 PM, Downtownv said:

By John Petrolino 

The Attorney General’s office did not comment

Article conclusion:

"we can only speculate that after this topic is fully explored, these illegal denials will be remedied swiftly by Platkin’s office."

I'm glad I didn't read that while sipping my morning coffee, I might have choked to death. I haven't read this guy Petrolino before, is that supposed to be a joke, or does he live in some kind of fantasy land? Because my impression is that if someone kicked Matt Platkin hard in the jaw, Phil Murphy would become an instant eunuch.

7 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

Article conclusion:

"we can only speculate that after this topic is fully explored, these illegal denials will be remedied swiftly by Platkin’s office."

I'm glad I didn't read that while sipping my morning coffee, I might have choked to death. I haven't read this guy Petrolino before, is that supposed to be a joke, or does he live in some kind of fantasy land? Because my impression is that if someone kicked Matt Platkin hard in the jaw, Phil Murphy would become an instant eunuch.

John is a member on this forum...

1 minute ago, Downtownv said:

John is a member on this forum...

Well, if he is reading this thread, I will tell him that I certainly hope his expectation is realized. My own expectation is that Platkin will not remedy the situation unless failing to do so becomes an immediate threat to his political future, and in PRNJ, that is highly unlikely to happen.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:44 PM, 1LtCAP said:

i'd been wondering about the denials. essentially, do the use of force, shoot the quals, and there is NOTHING left for them to refuse ya for.

I've had past experiences with some local police functionaries that leads me to believe that it's possible someone could be denied if he or she was considered to be a royal PITA. Sadly, I've met a few who were that petty and power-happy.