Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

What I did tonight

Stopped by Dicks in Woodbridge. They had 4 boxes of Remington 308 150gr, but the single salesman running the entire second floor had around 6 people waiting for him in the fishing department, so I gave up. I'm going to do a lot of 308 shooting this weekend...

So, went home, and did this:

Made 54 308 Winchester, using Hornady 30309 HPBP 150gr bullets. My cost is around $0.61 each, which is much less than boxed ammo, and I know this stuff is accurate.

This took exactly one hour (the length of Hell's Kitchen on Fox tonight, which I was watching).

The key to speed, IMHO, is the RCBS automatic powder dispenser.

-Melgamatic

Yea, I remember when Ramsay came to Hannah and Masons for an episode of Kitchen Nightmares, in Cranbury, NJ-- like a stone's throw-- and tore it up. Never cared much for the place (as it is closed down now), but it was funny to see him driving around to the local farms to get fresh produce and whatnot-- because he kept noting the fact that he (along with everybody else in the country) thought NJ was just one huge suburb of the cities. He couldn't believe we had FARMS! Ah, good times.