I like my regular carry holster.  OWB leather with belt slots.  I've been carrying for over a year and it was comfortable and I hardly even noticed it.  I carry (usually) a Ruger LCP .380 - light, convenient, tiny.

But...today I ended up taking it off an leaving it home after a few hours. I cut down a big maple tree a few days ago and I spent 3/4 of today loading and unloading firewood into the back of my truck and a trailer.  It was a warm day, I was dirty, tired, sweaty, and my holster was rubbing against my side.  The leather and exposed metal snap was no longer comfortable.

I'm thinking about adding a layer of something to that part of the holster to soften the contact.  Anything insulating will make it worse.  I don't want a sweaty, hotter holster against my skin.  I'm imagining something thin, breathable, that won't absorb sweat, and softer than leather, metal snaps, and rivets.   But I have no idea what would work.

I'm hoping somebody else has already figured this out and I can just do what they did.

Any suggestions appreciated.

20240428_214806.jpg

I use an Alien Gear cloak tuck (IWB) with my Shield.  Neoprene back - in the summer it does feel warm but doesn't rub or chafe.  

https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-iwb-holster.html

Could also go with the shapeshift as it has multiple options - OWB/IWB, Appendix...

https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html

It’s an LCP. Throw it in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster on your strong side and get a Nemesis Mag holder for your support side pocket and call it a day. This is how I carry my LCP (I only carry it doing chores around the house, I wear a Glock 19 or 48 doing anything off property), I never even got a belt holster for it.

If you want to keep it on your belt, wear an UnderArmor HeatGear type undershirt tucked into your pants. The material prevents the chafing, especially when sweaty and hot. I always wear a HeatGear so my AIWB/IWB carry doesn’t rub my skin.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

pocket holster

Are some brands of pants better than others for this type of carry?  Like, do certain brands of pants, or  specialized "tactical" pants have deeper pockets with larger openings, etc.  It seems like a lot of pants these days have tiny pockets.

41 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

It’s an LCP. Throw it in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster on your strong side and get a Nemesis Mag holder for your support side pocket and call it a day. This is how I carry my LCP (I only carry it doing chores around the house, I wear a Glock 19 or 48 doing anything off property), I never even got a belt holster for it.

If you want to keep it on your belt, wear an UnderArmor HeatGear type undershirt tucked into your pants. The material prevents the chafing, especially when sweaty and hot. I always wear a HeatGear so my AIWB/IWB carry doesn’t rub my skin.

When my shirt is tucked, it's in my front pocket.  Not my favorite because it's just about impossible to get to when I'm sitting down - like when I'm driving.

I'm going to try Krdshrk's suggestion for the Alien Gear Cloak.  https://aliengearholsters.com/belt-holster.html.html

Seems like it's almost the holster I was imagining.