Caine

Cherry Ridge Family membership question

Can't seem to find an answer to this on the website, so was hoping someone here might know: If you're signing up for a family membership, does the wife have to be there for the safety briefing and all that? Or would I just have to put her name down, and that's it? Does she get her own membership pass?

Thanks

ETA: Also, if we're both there on the same day, can we both sign a different guest in? Or is it only one guest per membership?

Can't seem to find an answer to this on the website, so was hoping someone here might know: If you're signing up for a family membership, does the wife have to be there for the safety briefing and all that? Or would I just have to put her name down, and that's it? Does she get her own membership pass?

Thanks

ETA: Also, if we're both there on the same day, can we both sign a different guest in? Or is it only one guest per membership?

Every member has to go through the safety briefing. She will have her own pass as will you. Minors have to have an adult with them.

I don't know the answer about guests. I'm going to suspect that you could sign in two. It's basically two adult memberships with the second one coming as a half off discount.

Got it - I'll drag her with me whether she wants to come or not :) Thanks guys

Also of note...

Arrive early. Like 9ish. You'll get out sooner as they process them in order.

On the member ship form make sure to check the box "I wish to transfer guns at the range". Not that it would ever come to it but it does legally exempt you from "illegal transfer" of firearms under the range exception under NJ law.

Target frames are $25 or you can built one for about $10.

On the member ship form make sure to check the box "I wish to transfer guns at the range". Not that it would ever come to it but it does legally exempt you from "illegal transfer" of firearms under the range exception under NJ law.

Can you 'splain dis betta to me?

Can you 'splain dis betta to me?

It's just a check box on the membership form. "I wish to transfer firearms at the range"

Currently the way the law in NJ is written, handing a gun to another person is a felony. There is an exemption for members of established gun clubs and ranges. By checking this box, you are indicating that you wish this exemption to apply to you.

-------------

2C:58-3.1. Temporary transfer of firearms

1. a. Notwithstanding the provisions of N.J.S.2C:39-9, N.J.S.2C:58-2, N.J.S.2C:58-3 or any other statute to the contrary concerning the transfer or disposition of firearms, the legal owner, or a dealer licensed under N.J.S.2C:58-2, may temporarily transfer a handgun, rifleor shotgun to another person who is 18 years of age or older, whether or not the person receiving the firearm holds a firearms purchaser identification card or a permit to carry a handgun. The person to whom a handgun, rifle or shotgun is temporarily transferred by the legal owner of the firearm or a licensed dealer may receive, possess, carry and use that handgun, rifle or shotgun, if the transfer is made upon a firing range operated by a licensed dealer, by a law enforcement agency, a legally recognized military organization or a rifle or pistol club which has filed a copy of its charter with the superintendent and annually submits to the superintendent a list of its members and if the firearm is received, possessed, carried and used for the sole purpose of target practice, trap or skeet shooting, or competition upon that firing range or instruction and training at any location.

A transfer under this subsection shall be for not more than eight consecutive hours in any 24-hour period and may be made for a set fee or an hourly charge.