ianargent

Blazer 9mm 115gr aluminum case and a Glock 17L

Anyone have any advice on this? I picked up 3x50rnd of this at Dicks today not knowing it was aluminum-cased. I'm not planning on reloading, so that's not a negative.

Also, the ranges I go to are Bullet Hole and Shore Shot; and I know Bullet hole has some ammo restrictions. Would they have a cow if I started bouncing aluminum off the port wall? (Or into my shirt - last time I was there I emptied half a mag of brass out of my shirt pocket. Something about the throw of the glock and the layout of their port caused the brass to literally rain down onto me. No harm done, but a tad disconcerting)

Their restrictions are:

No Wolf, Tiger or Sellier and Bellot Ammo - see website under "Shooting Range Rules"

http://www.bulletholenj.com/range.asp

Why don't they want steel cased? Just curious.

Sellior and Bellot also brass offerings. Not familiar with Tiger.

Sure Shot has signs saying NO Blazer or Wolf Ammo allowed. I am sure it is only because they do not want to sort it out of the brass. When I first got back into shooting, I bought some Wolf 9mm online, not realizing it was not brass. When I went to sure shot and saw the sign, I just left it in my bag. :cry: I did use it when I went out to a buddy's range in PA. :)

I find it amazing how the day after Labor day, all the bennies are gone and life/traffic returns to normal. We love to go boating and fishing in September and October, it is much calmer. Just last week, we were waiting to come through the railroad bridge and our friend was in front of us with his 38' Aft cabin and as he started to go through, some jerk in a 16 footer cut him off and jumped in front of him. Could have been ugly! A couple of weeks and all that craziness will be gone. sorry for the O/T rant.

It's actually a northern shore name for the shore traffic (southern NJ uses shooby). Supposedly an acronym for Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, New York (AKA where the tourists come from).

In use north of Atlantic City, mainly.

Got it. Thanks.

It's actually a northern shore name for the shore traffic (southern NJ uses shooby). Supposedly an acronym for Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, New York (AKA where the tourists come from).

In use north of Atlantic City, mainly.

What do you call the people from PA that were pissing me off all weekend? Everywhere I went some dickbag driving like they've been pithed was in front of me with PA plates. My extended family is from Cherry Hill and surrounding towns and we spend weekends down on the Bass river/inlet.

Got me a big whopper of a flounder too. HUGE!!!! Just HUGE!!!!

flounder.jpg

Supposedly shoobie came from the fact that the Philly folks would make there way to AC and Cape May and pack there lunch and stuff in shoeboxes. This is back when they traveled by train.

Heard it somewhere can't remember where but sounds plausible.

Anyone have any advice on this? I picked up 3x50rnd of this at Dicks today not knowing it was aluminum-cased. I'm not planning on reloading, so that's not a negative.

Also, the ranges I go to are Bullet Hole and Shore Shot; and I know Bullet hole has some ammo restrictions. Would they have a cow if I started bouncing aluminum off the port wall? (Or into my shirt - last time I was there I emptied half a mag of brass out of my shirt pocket. Something about the throw of the glock and the layout of their port caused the brass to literally rain down onto me. No harm done, but a tad disconcerting)

I did the same thing but I knew it was aluminum-cased. I hope it feeds well in the SR9. I havent had any problems with the wolf(steel) or remington(brass) so far. The only issue with the wolf is that it doesnt channel well into my magazines. I have to use the loader to get anything over 7rds. in a magazine and even then sometimes the last one wont go. When I switch to the remington brass, I easily pop all 10 rds into the magazines. :roll:

-Scott