Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

Need an opinion on my home made mosin bent bolt! UPDATED!

It really was pretty simple. I did it in about 30mins with basic hand tools that any self respecting home owner should have. I am not a machinist or anything, I just like to tinker and figure things out.

Well i started a write up, and should have it done by tomorrow afternoon. Looks like i am going to start another bolt, so i can get pictures to go along with it. Also I have an article that i am writing on "accurizing a mosin and tuning the trigger" about halfway done. My PE sniper has a trigger pull of about 3oz and is smooth as silk and breaks like glass. This rifle shoots less than 1" groups all day long.

Looks good! I just got my bolt back after send it out to have a swept back bent bolt welded on to clear the scope mount i also installed. I'm looking forward to your write up on the bent bolt and the action tuning. I have some images from the russian mosin tuning manual that i got from the surplus forums and also used to get the trigger pull down to about 3lbs. Perhaps you have also seen them?

It really was pretty simple. I did it in about 30mins with basic hand tools that any self respecting home owner should have. I am not a machinist or anything, I just like to tinker and figure things out.

I want to know how you did this without a welder since I feel that's a little above and beyond "Basic Hand Tools". Looking forward to reading your how to!

Here is the first part of my write up. I ended up being really busy and didn't get to work on it today, so here is what i have so far:

Well here is my ghetto sniper bolt for a mosin. It takes about 30 mins to make and seems to function well. I just like to tinker and in no way am I a machinist or gunsmith. I have tested my bolt yesterday and seemed to work well, but use these instructions at your own risk.

First off let