Sign in to follow this  
tony357

lazy dog..

Nice looking dogs! After our last one passed, my wife said "No more dogs!"

I can understand that, they're a lot of work. I put off getting one as long as I could. Otto just fell into our laps and I'm really happy about it.

Tony, I love the looks of your younger one. When I think gsp, that's what I visualize.

total i agree, my first gsp was black and white ticked, when i picked ruger up their was only one ticked in the litter and that pup was spoken for.

so ruger was my next one, when my brittany passed, several months later i finaly decided i was going to get another gsp, i contacted the same breeder i got ruger from and the same mother was having another litter bred with a diffrent father, their was colt an available pup liver and white ticked i was thrilled.

This is the breeder i purchased them from, it is a long day to pick them up. they breed all types of hunting dogs.

http://www.warriorsmark.com/gs_pups2.htm

I still had a photo saved from when i purchased ruger, the two on the left are females and the ones on the right are male, i also have individuals that we picked from..

Rosepups071.jpg

I'm digging "Harley" good looking beast.

The spouse was up my ass about a dog since we met. Personally I don't care for dogs or I should say, pets. When we lived in Mystic I used the excuse of the yard size. "I will not have a high strung hunting dog in a yard the size of my living room". That worked for ten years. Then came our current location :roll: Again the law was laid down. "you can have a Weimaraner (my personal fave) a Vizsla or a GSP. These choices were solely based on hair/sheding as I'm completely intolerant to hair. She chose the GSP as she felt it would be better for ducks. But we had/have a lot more work to do on the house before we're ready for a dog. Right. One of the wife's coworker new a guy blablabla. Enter Otto about five months ago :mrgreen:

here are the boys, ruger white and liver. colt liver and white ticked.

total, you need to post one!!

compradiator005.jpg

I have a twin to that ticked dog. Is it a Doxie?

reese-1.jpg

reese1118-1.jpg

This is Reese the Doxie. Now you know where my screen name comes from.

Reese, what's going on with Reese? Is he a pup or a mix? I've never seen a gsp of that stature. Cute dog.

And what the hell is Zoe? Looks like a great pillow. Pretty.

TA - he said Reese is a Doxie or Dachshund... Though how you get the GSP coloring...

Reese, what's going on with Reese? Is he a pup or a mix? I've never seen a gsp of that stature. Cute dog.

And what the hell is Zoe? Looks like a great pillow. Pretty.

Reese is a purebred Dachshund, piebald dapple. He is 14 months and he is full grown. Weighs 16 pounds. Dachshund's do come in a variety of colors other than black and tan. I have a black and tan also and a white with creme spots. Will get them on later.

The beds are a commercial item. The frame is PVC as you can see. the material is a heavy canvas type that has really stood up to the abuse they get. All the dogs in the kennel now have them and like them for the most part. Oddly enough Akita's don't like the cold all that much.

In the case of Zoe here, she doesn't like to expend any more energy than necessary. I have no idea how she because one of the top winning Akita's in the country. I think the handler had to carry her around the ring.