Sign in to follow this  
tinyboy

I know its illegal, but can someone explain why?

i dont think that compensator is removable, so with that being said, why do you think it IS illegal? because from where i am sitting, it looks perfectly legal to me.

I've never seen anyone speak of them

I've never seen any for sale in Joisey

I just ASSUMED (horrible word) that it was illegal

i dont think that compensator is removable, so with that being said, why do you think it IS illegal? because from where i am sitting, it looks perfectly legal to me.

well i had ASSUMED you have looked at the ban list, and noted that the thompson is not banned by name, and if its not banned by name, its only limited by evil features, and assuming the compensator on the gun is permanent, which i believe it is, that gun is legal.

and btw, there are tons of guns that are not sold at this forums favorite gun stores that are legal. thats why its been years since ive purchased a gun off the shelf in NJ. i mostly order them myself online and pick them up at a dealer, or have the dealer order it for me, or with even greater frequency, purchase my long arms at PA gun shows.

well i had ASSUMED you have looked at the ban list, and noted that the thompson is not banned by name, and if its not banned by name, its only limited by evil features, and assuming the compensator on the gun is permanent, which i believe it is, that gun is legal.

and btw, there are tons of guns that are not sold at this forums favorite gun stores that are legal. thats why its been years since ive purchased a gun off the shelf in NJ. i mostly order them myself online and pick them up at a dealer, or have the dealer order it for me, or with even greater frequency, purchase my long arms at PA gun shows.

Like what else? I need a few more rifles to fill the safe

Like what else? I need a few more rifles to fill the safe

a few rifles ive picked up online or at gun shows (fraction of total number)

remington 700 tactical in 223 - 450 in PA, 700 in the prnj

gsg-5 when it first came out (i had called up brick armory and they said mp5's were illegal and hung up on me :? )

an ar15 lower that i bought for 100 bucks, an NJ dealer wanted 279

ps90 - cost me 1150, BA wanted a cool 2100

wasr10 , 300 bucks, ba wanted 900

shit, even something simple like a henry lever action, which cost me a hair over 150 at a show, demands a price tag of over 300 at some NJ gun stores.

moral of the story, look somewhere else, ANYWHERE else, before you buy a gun off the shelf from certain dealers in NJ

EDIT : that lever action in the picture is classified as a pistol i believe. and assuming it comes in under the weight limit, its G2G in NJ

If its a pistol im not blowing a permit on it

I thought the PS90 was illegal over here..

I appreicate your response

Iw as one who bought the WASR for 800 and change...lol

im sorry to hear that. unfortunately the only thing you can do at this point is acknowledge that a lesson has been learned, and never make the mistake again, because theres no way you will be able to recoup your losses if you try and sell it. :(

as far as the ps90 is concerned, even though it has a flash hider, its legal because it does not have a pistol grip. it traded one even feature for another. my ps90 was the most expensive weapon to date i have purchased, that is until i ordered a 1200 dollar 1911.

The Thompson is definitely legal as it is not on "the list". IMO, it can have the evil features also. The NJAG Directive only applies to "the list". The PS90 also falls into this category, as does the FS2000.

A post-ban MSAR is also legal, and so on, and so on, and so on.

The Puma "Bounty Hunter" is a pistol and can be bought for $1200. I have one in .44-40 for sale if interested. ;)

The Thompson is definitely legal as it is not on "the list". IMO, it can have the evil features also. The NJAG Directive only applies to "the list". The PS90 also falls into this category, as does the FS2000.

A post-ban MSAR is also legal, and so on, and so on, and so on.

The Puma "Bounty Hunter" is a pistol and can be bought for $1200. I have one in .44-40 for sale if interested. ;)

can you show pics of a post-ban MSAR if you have any avail?

the PS90 would be a perfect pair to my FN FiveSeven

I also had the Thompson in my hands 2 weeks ago at Meltzer's in Garfield. The only thing you might have missed is the Jersey legal version has that 100 mag pinned to be 10 rounds. (what a shame huh). The only thing that should be illegal is that you need 10 men and boy to carry the SOB. But the salesman told me he carried one in Viet Nam and it was VERY accurate and reliable. If it's for sale in NJ its legal in New Jersey. BTW Bud's is a great price. Much higher here.

I also had the Thompson in my hands 2 weeks ago at Meltzer's in Garfield. The only thing you might have missed is the Jersey legal version has that 100 mag pinned to be 10 rounds. (what a shame huh). The only thing that should be illegal is that you need 10 men and boy to carry the SOB. But the salesman told me he carried one in Viet Nam and it was VERY accurate and reliable. If it's for sale in NJ its legal in New Jersey. BTW Bud's is a great price. Much higher here.

It doesnt matter, Buds wont pick up the phone without sending me to a full mailbox, and they dont call off my email requests lol

man, I know who THEY will be voting for in a few years

It doesnt matter, Buds wont pick up the phone without sending me to a full mailbox, and they dont call off my email requests lol

I've stopped dealing with Bud's, they've grown too big for their own good IMO..

They wouldn't ship a pistol gripped Mossberg 500 to NJ, and when I finally got someone on the phone.. they were very nasty about it.. and.. took 10 days to refund my money..

I've stopped dealing with Bud's, they've grown too big for their own good IMO..

They wouldn't ship a pistol gripped Mossberg 500 to NJ, and when I finally got someone on the phone.. they were very nasty about it.. and.. took 10 days to refund my money..

Well thats exactly why I wont order form them online. If I dont talk to someone I won't order

Any other places that you DO like for online browsing/purchasing?

tiny