Al1969

HAS ANYONE EVER APPLIED FOR A CCW?

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through the "NJ restrictive process" of applying for a CCW. I recently received my

CCW from the great State of Florida(I'm thinking about moving there). I'm seriously thinking about applying for one but I'm wondering what are the repercusions, if denied. Will it jeopardize renewal of my Florida CCW? What about the required "justification letter", any suggestions? And to think the THUNE bill would've passed if our two professional politicians voted in favor.

Its next to impossible to meet the for cause standard in NJ to get one issued. I wouldnt waste your time and money.

Also, there are applications that ask about whether you were denied a ccw or firearms permit. In addition to wasting your time, you will then need to answer yes, been denied, then explain why.

Just my .02.

I'm an FFL and have been thru different NRA courses & have my Fla CCW, had endoresmets from a detective in my town, so I went thru the process, went in front of the Judge, and he said without documented personal threats against me, he would not consider it at this time....................good luck if your going to try.

I'm an FFL and have been thru different NRA courses & have my Fla CCW, had endoresmets from a detective in my town, so I went thru the process, went in front of the Judge, and he said without documented personal threats against me, he would not consider it at this time....................good luck if your going to try.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm not sure if i'm going to try, especially if I have to disclosed a was "denied" on any future applications. :? Documented personal threats? Why is this even a requirement? Is there anything we can do to change the restrictive gun-laws in the State? Where does it stop? Sometimes I wonder why I haven't moved yet...

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm not sure if i'm going to try, especially if I have to disclosed a was "denied" on any future applications. :? Documented personal threats? Why is this even a requirement? Is there anything we can do to change the restrictive gun-laws in the State? Where does it stop? Sometimes I wonder why I haven't moved yet...

The HONEST answer?? No We (Gun Owners) are a Minority, and no matter how much you want to connotate the "Aquire and Protect Property" Clause in the State Constitution, as long as there is not a CLEARLY stated RKBA we're pretty much screwed.

Al1969,

It is possible to get one if you can get a letter from your employer stating that you have some kind of work related need, like making large cash deposits, or responding to burglar alarms in the middle of the night.

The problem is that, if you do get the permit, it will be stamped "Valid only while on duty." This term is interpreted by the State Police and prosecutor's to mean, "valid only while on premises." That means that you can't carry to work, from work, when going to lunch, etc. If caught, you risk 3 to 7 years. NJ is notorious for prosecuting law-abiding citizens for gun related "crimes." I spent a few hours today on the WestLaw database looking at NJ cases where people got very tough sentences for ridiculous reasons. One was prosecuted for possession of a BB gun for an unlawful purpose in his home. He got(7 years, 3 mandatory then possibility of parole. The judge made the attorney redact a section of the owners manual of the bb gun that stated that it was not a fire arm before giving the manual to the jury. Another was found guilty of possession of a handgun for an unlawful purpose. Even though he had a permit, it was stamped "valid only while on duty." He was dropping his car off at the repair shop when he was assaulted by several teens. He fired a warning shot into a bush. Now he is doing 7 years. Both lost their appeals.

There are only about 1000 people in NJ, other than law enforcement and retired law enforcement that have permits. It is absolutely set up so that even if you get one, you can't carry because of the risks.

Regardless of what anyone tells you, there is no right to bear arms in NJ. If you believe that NJ should be "shall issue," as I do, I would respectfully encourage you to call and write your legislators expressing your desire that they vote yes on S193/A1282. Also, you may want to do the same with the 4 legislators on the Handgun Task Force (Madden, Cunningham, Burzichelli, and Gordon Johnson) They will be reviewing all NJ gun legislation over the next 18 months. The task force has tentatively scheduled an open meeting for Sept 19 at 10:30am at a place TBD. That's a good opportunity for all of us to be heard.

Good luck either way.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through the "NJ restrictive process" of applying for a CCW. I recently received my

CCW from the great State of Florida(I'm thinking about moving there). I'm seriously thinking about applying for one but I'm wondering what are the repercusions, if denied. Will it jeopardize renewal of my Florida CCW? What about the required "justification letter", any suggestions? And to think the THUNE bill would've passed if our two professional politicians voted in favor.

It'd be easier just to become a police officer. I'm serious.

Smity, next time you come across these cases, post the citations--I'd be interested in reviewing some of them.

Dewhitewolf here's a bunch of them, interesting reading. I noticed Nappan on the 1st matter.

http://lawlibrary.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/s ... rry+permit

For anyone looking for a free place to do some research here is a great one:

http://lawlibrary.rutgers.edu/search.shtml

well if you need documented threats, just go through camden or newark one day. im certain tons of people will threaten your life. then just file 100 police reports and call the police every single time it happens. you will appear in front of the judge with multiple threats on your life.

have thought about..

well if you need documented threats, just go through camden or newark one day. im certain tons of people will threaten your life. then just file 100 police reports and call the police every single time it happens. you will appear in front of the judge with multiple threats on your life.

have thought about..

Hopefully the threat won't be carried out. :shock: