Sign in to follow this  
mikeyboyeee

Started getting jerked around by east brunswick

Put i for FPID Addy change and 4 permits on Sept. 28.

I know my references already sent in their paperwork.

Today has been 3 weeks.

I was told it will take 4 weeks when I dropped paperwork off.

Called to day to check status and she told it takes 6-8 weeks.

I asked why, she said to wait for fingerprints to get back.

i said, I wasn't fingerprinted.

She said it takes 4-6 weeks (she lost 2 somewhere during conversation) to get the criminal check back and for the officer to call my references.

I said, you told me my you have my reference letters back from my 2 references, why do they need to call?

Then I said, the law says this should only take 30 days, especially since I am just changing the address on my card, not applying for a new card.

She told me their was no 30 day law in NJ.

I said, OK>

See if you can get a happy ending, then its worth getting jerked :mrgreen:

if you are going to use those permits on 9MMs, its best they take their time so you cna get some sense into ya! :whistle:

Their is nothing wrong with 9mm, especially while I am just learning to shoot properly.

Their is nothing wrong with Gold Dot 124g +p bonded HP ammo as a defensive round either ;)

you think thats bad, i applied for 3 pistol permits back in early july, they finally received my prints on 9/21. so i called them that week and asked how much longer and they said 2 weeks max which would put it around 10/2. I called on 10/2 and they told me to wait until the end of october, so much for 2 weeks max... if i get it by the end of october it will put me at around 18 weeks!

you think thats bad, i applied for 3 pistol permits back in early july, they finally received my prints on 9/21. so i called them that week and asked how much longer and they said 2 weeks max which would put it around 10/2. I called on 10/2 and they told me to wait until the end of october, so much for 2 weeks max... if i get it by the end of october it will put me at around 18 weeks!

That sucks, but I wasn't even printed. This is for additional permits and an addy change.

it's busllhit is what it is.

I like 9MM and agree for beginners it is easier to shoot and ammo is cheaper it is a win win. And remember a hit with a smaller bullet is better than a miss with a larger bullet.

Agreed, and agreed. the gun you have to defend yourself is better than the gun that is sitting in the safe

Stil, why not have a .45 with you? :D:think:

I'm sure they have better things to do like Patrol the Mall or The High School.

I would say so. how much crime actually happens in one of their own offices? They should probably hire a lot more staff. No one cares about increasing the taxpayers bill, do they? Do you really think that they have a staff just sitting around doing nothing but processing your permit? That's one document on a pile probably a foot high. New Brunswick like ever other town is cutting staff so don't expect any improvements anytime soon.

I would say so. how much crime actually happens in one of their own offices? They should probably hire a lot more staff. No one cares about increasing the taxpayers bill, do they? Do you really think that they have a staff just sitting around doing nothing but processing your permit? That's one document on a pile probably a foot high. New Brunswick like ever other town is cutting staff so don't expect any improvements anytime soon.

It's east, not new and they have at least 4 different women who work in the records office which handles the permits.

My original town had 1 person.

In edison, if it has been 6 months since your last application they gotta do everything over again and send ur prints off to the state

That is not a state requirement. It's left up to the individual jurisdiction. Smaller one tend not to demand prints. Larger ones do. The only requirement the state sets is the $18.00 fee for the background checks.

It's east, not new and they have at least 4 different women who work in the records office which handles the permits.

My original town had 1 person.

Clerks do NOT handle permits, they have to be done by whatever detective is assigned to that duty, they could have a dozen people in records, it wont affect the permit speed.

Clerks do NOT handle permits, they have to be done by whatever detective is assigned to that duty, they could have a dozen people in records, it wont affect the permit speed.

I hear ya.

My old town of West Paterson had 1 Det. assigned to it and as busy as he was, he got my permits and original FPID to me in a respectable 7 weeks and 2 days.

All my clerk did was handle the mailing of documents to the state. They were usually mailed once a week or so depending on the inflow. As previously stated, I had seven clerks. Out of that, one handled the forms. a sworn officer always handled everything else along with his other duties.

I will say they did mail the reference letters a day or so after I dropped the paperwork off.

I just think this clerk had nop clue what she was talking about since she said they had to wait for my prints to come back (and I was not fingerprinted for a in-30 day address change).

Weell........ I feel your pain, but honestly just forget the thirty day thing a d sleep easier. I've had minimal hassle out of the East Brunswick guys, other than their awkward hours that take no account of minor things in the publics lives. You know, like thei jobs.

The permits will arrive in the "fullness of time" lol. Mine did. Aroundsix weeks I think

best and happy shooting. Where are you a membe of?

G

Weell........ I feel your pain, but honestly just forget the thirty day thing a d sleep easier. I've had minimal hassle out of the East Brunswick guys, other than their awkward hours that take no account of minor things in the publics lives. You know, like thei jobs.

The permits will arrive in the "fullness of time" lol. Mine did. Aroundsix weeks I think

best and happy shooting. Where are you a membe of?

G

Thanks genewarper. I am not a member of anywhere yet.

I did like Central Jersey a lot (facility wise), but is really too far to be practical for me.

I am obviously very close to Old bridge, but they are expensive and did not like their indoor range all that much.

So, I am undecided as of now.

How about you?

Hi. I'm in theprocess of deciding about Old Bridge, too. I think it'll be ok and ilike all the activities they run, but I agree it's expensive inthe first year especially. There seems to be a lot of formality also, but it obviously works and they have aa great relationship with their neighbours.

I am a full member atPhillipsburgh up rt78 and I like its small club atmosphere. They have indoor and outdoor to 25 yds. I'm also a member at Shore Shot down in Lakewood. Brick armoury is also down there and a lot of the forum people like it there too.

G

Hi. I'm in theprocess of deciding about Old Bridge, too. I think it'll be ok and ilike all the activities they run, but I agree it's expensive inthe first year especially. There seems to be a lot of formality also, but it obviously works and they have aa great relationship with their neighbours.

I am a full member atPhillipsburgh up rt78 and I like its small club atmosphere. They have indoor and outdoor to 25 yds. I'm also a member at Shore Shot down in Lakewood. Brick armoury is also down there and a lot of the forum people like it there too.

G

The formality merely looks hard on paper. It's not that bad at all.

Sometimes I wonder where my NRA dues are going. Can't they bring some sort of law suit against the state of NJ. It should not take more then the legal number of days to get a permit or FID and one should not be made to feel like a criminal when going through the process