Sign in to follow this  
MedicYeti

South Jersey IDPA, Sat 11-14

It's our last IDPA shoot of the year so if you've been thinking about joining us now would be the time. Shooting starts at 10 am. New shooters are always welcome. Come out, bring a friend and have fun. Shooting is at the south jersey shooting club 840 piney hollow road. Winslow township.

I shoot uspsa, can you tell me how this is different? I am fairly new to the sport, but shoot as often as I can. I have shot 4 matches...No DQ's

I'm not very experienced with uspsa. IDPA is based on plausable defensive situations using a concealed gun. The shooter engages targets based on the threat they pose. Cover and concealment are used when available. Guns are stock or close to stock (no race guns). New shooters are always welcome and our SO's are always ready to explain the rules and courses of fire. Come out and give it a try.

This is a fun club level event. Our SO's will go over tac sequence and tac priority while explaining the course of fire. Knowing the rule book is not necessary for your first few shoots. The SO's will answer your questions and review rules. Come out, have fun and give it a try.

I visited the SJSC website and saw that the match was from 10 AM - 2 PM, and the fee was $15. If this is our first time shooting IDPA, do we have to be there earlier to go through a safety check/familiarization? How many rounds of ammo should we bring? How many spare mags? Please fill in some details.

I'll admit it, I'm a wuss - if the weather is questionable, I'll probably wait until next season, but if we catch a good day, I think I'd like to try this. I shot IPSC and was an RSO, but that was 25 years ago. :lol:

Thanks for any help.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

We do not require new shooters to arrive early. Just let one of the safety officers know you are a new shooter and they will take some extra time explaining thongs to you. You need a strong side holster, a duel mag pouch, 3 magazines and about 50 rounds (you may want to bring 75 just so you have more then enough). If you have more magazines bring them. Any other questions?

Thanks. Just wondering who on the board is planning on attending. Hopefully Ida will give us a break and rain herself out tomorrow. Anybody going from my general area or north of me, is welcome to ride along. Just PM me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob