coldsolderjoint

Good place to custom order an Upper?

My friend has an AR Block and I think all the tools needed to build the lower. Where is the best place to order a NJ compliant upper?

I like Del-ton's website, but it seems like they are on a 3 month processing time. And for one, I would like to use Tony's XM177 Triangle Handguards.

If you need it to be NJ complaint upon receiving and do not want to do the work on your own

check out DPMS you can make it any way you want it. I went with a upper an armlight upper from

dsgarms.com, instead of the A2 front sight it had the gas block rail so no bayonet lug. The only thing that needs

to be changed in the flash hider to a compensator then it needs to be pinned or welded on which is easy. Note I went with

a mid length so you need to know what your hand guards are before ordering.

DPMS has a lot of nice configurations but they are pricey

stag and cmmg also offer the post ban changes but you may have to call them, as they are not

always listed on their site.

Here is another good site, they have a lot of options.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

Del-Ton makes a great rifle but they are a small operation and their customer service sucks right now.

I have been waiting for several parts for 3 weeks now, one of which just went out of stock and it reflects that

on my order now. I have contacted them several times requesting a shipping date and a back fill time on the compensator

and no response. Monday they get a call from me 1st thing in the AM.

You may wanna check ADCO to see what they currently have in stock - they can NJify anything they sell (for a fee of course). You can even have them build you a custom upper with the specific parts you want. I bought my first AR from them, and they're good guys to deal with.

Aside from them, bravocompany is where I'd go. They have a really really good selection of higher end uppers. You won't find any del-ton or dpms or bushmaster or anything like that there. More like their own BCM upper, LMT, Noveske & Daniel Defense. I just bought a mid-length upper from them and had it sent directly to PK90 so he could install and pin/well a muzzle brake.

Oh, one more - Rainier Arms. They have a few uppers in stock too and recently started doing muzzle work, as well. They also carry mostly the higher end brands. I've only bought parts from them, but have always heard good things about their customer service.