tony357

took the walk of shame tonight.

Just came back from Dick's in woodbridge and today, I had to do the walk of shame for some rifle ammo.

I was told by one of the more knowledgeable fellers that only shot shells do not require a "walk of shame". Store policy regardless of the laws in this nanny state.

They did the walk of shame with me when I bought shot shells. But I also bought handgun ammo so that might have been the reason why.

next time i am going to tell them we have a thread on their walk of shame policy.. :lol::lol::lol:

I just told the only nice guy who works there just this afternoon that we call it the walk of shame and he laughed. He then went on to say that he hates this policy as well as the policy that someone can't test the trigger on firearms they are considering purchasing because everyone who looks at a gun says that to him.

I picked up a couple of boxes of 9mm (limit 3 :shifty: ) at the Rockaway location. After taking my info, they just handed them to me and said have a nice day. Brought them to the register and paid.

Wow it almost felt like I wasn't a criminal for buying ammo.

I came on here to post that Dicks in woodbridge has full ammo racks and at least some of it was on discount (unposted, so I got a nice surprise at the register), and saw this tale...

I've bought ammo a couple of times there and have NEVER had to have the guy walk me out; up to and including tonight. They have always just put it in a security box and let me walk myself down to the counters. The cashiers haven't been surprised either when I show up; just ask me if I have their club card...

(I do get carded for it, but that's NJ law for handgun ammo. Supposedly Dicks cards for everything, but I only have bought 9mm and .22)

I came on here to post that Dicks in woodbridge has full ammo racks and at least some of it was on discount (unposted, so I got a nice surprise at the register), and saw this tale...

I've bought ammo a couple of times there and have NEVER had to have the guy walk me out; up to and including tonight. They have always just put it in a security box and let me walk myself down to the counters. The cashiers haven't been surprised either when I show up; just ask me if I have their club card...

(I do get carded for it, but that's NJ law for handgun ammo. Supposedly Dicks cards for everything, but I only have bought 9mm and .22)

They don't card for Buckshot or Birdshot. (I guess unless it's not obvious you are over 18). I had a cashier who was so nervous touching the shells that he dropped them on the counter and couldn't do the case discount.. so he called the lodge guy. "Uh.. there's this guy here.. with the Remington bullets."