Sign in to follow this  
NickySantoro

main stream media

I came across this today. If I ever wondered about the underlying philosophy that made the MSM the lying, hypocritical bastards that they are, I wonder no more.

"Our job is to give people not what they want,

but what we decide they ought to have."

-- Richard Salant

(1914-1993) former President of CBS News

I came across this today. If I ever wondered about the underlying philosophy that made the MSM the lying, hypocritical bastards that they are, I wonder no more.

"Our job is to give people not what they want,

but what we decide they ought to have."

-- Richard Salant

(1914-1993) former President of CBS News

Say it with me now:

D O U C H E B A G S!

One of the issues that MSM is struggling with these days is their ability to set the Agenda. 20 years ago, the New York Times would run a story and for that day, that was the top story. This power has largely evaporated. They still bitterly cling to the old days and try to set the agenda. Indeed, they still can on occasion but what has occurred is that due to the internet, their bias has become transparently obvious. They(MSM) lead with one story, and anyone browsing the internet sees a more important story not getting any attention. It becomes almost comical after a while. This phenomenon is reflected in the dwindling subscription rates to the major national papers and in the declining ratings of the news stations trying to live by the old paradigm.