Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

USPSA Match at Shongum, Saturday, 12/5 Cancelled

This is my last question, hopefully. What division should a newbie with a Browning Hi Power be in? I want to know if that division prohibits removing the magazine disconnect safety. It isnt on the production list and doesnt allow that removal, so limited 10 for a noob like me? Loading an empty magazine(from empty pocket or RO) to drop the hammer may not be too great but maybe OK as long as I and the RO checks its empty and handgun is pointed in safe direction of course.

OR apparently I could disengage it with my finger via the magwell???

Mike and I discussed this very thing.

My M&P also has a Mag safety.

Solution is:

Let RO know prior to start about your mag safety, and that you have a empty mag to load in, to show gun is empty when stage is complete.

So at the end of the stage you will eject mag...... cycle slide..... insert empty mag..... pull trigger..... "click"..... eject empty mag..... holster gun

This is my last question, hopefully. What division should a newbie with a Browning Hi Power be in? I want to know if that division prohibits removing the magazine disconnect safety. It isnt on the production list and doesnt allow that removal, so limited 10 for a noob like me? Loading an empty magazine(from empty pocket or RO) to drop the hammer may not be too great but maybe OK as long as I and the RO checks its empty and handgun is pointed in safe direction of course.

OR apparently I could disengage it with my finger via the magwell???

Since the Browning is a single action, it cannot be in production which is why it is not on the list. FYI - You can disconnect a magazine safety and still be legal in production. As for Limited 10, shoot what you have and buy something later, if needed. In the beginning, you are just getting a feel for the sport. Once you get good, then start thinking about winning and a different pistol.