Malsua

Fairview police chief blasted for supporting felon

alter a gun with the intent of threading a barrel for a silencer

You are not altering the firearm. You are changing the barrel. quite legal in NJ. threaded barrels are available from SIG and Glock. In fact Sig sells them at the customer counter at the Academy. That is NOT a violation of the Federal NFA.

NJ allows it as long as it satisfies the requirements in Title 13, Chapter 54.

There is this thing in the law called intent and when you alter a gun with the intent of threading a barrel for a silencer you are committing a criminal act and that will be proven in court. If you want to have threaded barrel guns by all means enjoy them. If you want to cut your barrels down knock yourself out. In fact the only reason why I even responded is because you came across like a condescending know it all for lack of a better term, but the truth is the reason why anti-gun lobbyist in NJ have no problem stomping all over our 2nd amended right is cause people like you who foolishly misinterpret they laws that they are providing. I don't agree with the way NJ provides these laws but I'm not going to start reading them and interpreting them how I want because every law provider will do his best to make an example, so I'm glad you're stepping up to be that example.

Intent on its own is not a crime. You need both mens rea (intent) and an act (actus reus) in concurrence with each other in order for it to be considered a crime.

You guys should know better than to argue with badge lickers. They like the taste.

Didnt bother to notice that the FRIGGING BOARD COPS are the ones saying he's wrong..did you?? "Badge Lickers"....... KMA