http://www.classicarms.us/

Passing on the great deal!

M193 5.56 (.223 ) .55 GRAIN NATO BALL

500 RD CASE $189.95

1000 RD CASE $349.95

M855 5.56 (.223 ) .62 GRAIN PENETRATOR, NATO BALL

500 RD CASE $229.95

1000 RD CASE $424.95

They have it in .50 cal cans too. The M855 1000 RD can is 5 bucks cheaper than the case.

Well I ordered it and got it 2 weeks later. I got the 855 and it's going back. A good amount of the brass has little dents in it and I don't know if it's safe to fire. I will post pictures after work tonight. Some of the actual bullets are crimped in the case off center. Is that unsafe to use? The brass is slightly discolored at the top making me think it might be reloaded brass? Any thoughts?

I am no ammo expert but I would think the discoloration near the neck of the brass is from annealing the cases before loading. Sometimes they do this so that the case does not crack. Can't speak to the dents or crimp.

If the discoloration looks like the below pics, it's normal for 5.56.

223_62Prvi_W.JPG

55gr%20XM193.jpg

All my 5.56 looks like that... the brass for my .223, on the other hand, is a uniform color from top to bottom.

Are all the rounds dented? Do you have any pics of the off center crimps?

Most of the dents look like this one. I haven't gone through them all yet so I'm not sure on the numbers. I can't get a good shot of the crookedly seated bullet, but I'll post it when I get the camera to cooperate. Is this safe for use?

I don't think that is good. You should email these to classic arms.

After spending the better part of 2 hours going through the ammo and 30 calls to a busy number I'm getting a bit frustrated. They don't have an email address listed on their site. Do you happen to have it?

Most of the dents look like this one. I haven't gone through them all yet so I'm not sure on the numbers. I can't get a good shot of the crookedly seated bullet, but I'll post it when I get the camera to cooperate. Is this safe for use?

This is not a normal dent. I thought it was going to be the little dimples that you often see on the shoulder, not this terrible monstrosity. This looks like a serious manufacturing defect. It doesn't look like a reloading defect; it's much worse than that....

I don't think that is good. You should email these to classic arms.

After spending the better part of 2 hours going through the ammo and 30 calls to a busy number I'm getting a bit frustrated. They don't have an email address listed on their site. Do you happen to have it?

Actually.. I just realized that they don't either. Every invoice I got from them was sent from "un-known sender".

They are good people though. I guess you just need to try the phone again :(

I have purchased from them at least a half a dozen times, I think they will handle this in the correct manner.

I get my ammo from AIM most of the time, they have good prices on .223, the trouble with the ammo you have is it's military spec but rejected for one reason or another most of the time could be something very small or something bigger like you see.

If it's just a hand full of rounds then I say live with it, if it's a lot then call them.

Some of the brass is mangled at the top, some looks like it was folded over when crimping creating a crease. I'll take more pictures tonight after work. I just don't know if it's safe to shoot. I like my face where it is.

UPDATE:

I finally got through. Apparently this is a problem with the ammo that they got in. I'm sending mine back for the 55 grain on stripper clips, but they did take care of the situation. Great customer service on their part.

I received my replacement ammo as promised the other day. Got the camera back up & running so I thought I'd share some pictures. :)

Each 10 round pack is individually sealed and on a stripper clip. They come linked in sets of 5 but the plastic is perforated. All shiny and new!