Col. Mortimer

2x4 Stake Cutting Match Schedule for 2010, Cherry Ridge

The matches start at 8:30AM and end at 2:30PM. The dates are:

April 10

June 19

August 14

October 16

You do not have to be a member to participate. The cost is $3 per shooter per match and the winners of the match get $4 each. As always, insults are free.

Please forgive these (probably) obvious questions from someone who has never seen a 2x4 match. Is this shot with pistols or rifles, what is the range and are there any limits on caliber? If I shoot a 9mm, am I going up against a guy with a S&W 500? Thanks!

Please forgive these (probably) obvious questions from someone who has never seen a 2x4 match. Is this shot with pistols or rifles, what is the range and are there any limits on caliber? If I shoot a 9mm, am I going up against a guy with a S&W 500? Thanks!

I will do you one better.

What is a 2x4 stake cutting match? :D

I will do you one better.

What is a 2x4 stake cutting match? :D

Here is a thread that covers it all with pictures. :oviewtopic.php?f=24&t=2327

A 9MM would probably beat a S&W 500 since the semi-auto would be faster than a revolver. We have one guy that wins most of the time shooting a 9MM really fast. Additionally, you have a team mate to help you. Sometimes the matches come down to taking out a splinter or a hanging board so accuracy can count more than power. Of course, a hit with a 9MM is better than a miss with anything else.

I would be into that!

I once used an SKS to chop down a tree...

I took a tree down in Fort Dix a few years ago using a Browning M2. Ammo and firearm courtesy of the US Marines.

DOnt forget your tax dollars!!!!