Sign in to follow this  
PeteF

Replacing Main spring on a 92FS

I am looking to replace the mainspring on my 92FS with a D spring.

Online videos I have seen show the pin holding the lanyard just pushes out when the lanyard is pressed against a hard surface. My problem is the pin that is supposed to slide looks like a roll

pin and will have to be hammered out and maybe replaced with a new one. The gun is new. Was this a change in the design?

Thanks

That pin should just come out with a small punch.

I am not sure what you are experiencing.

The hardest part of the job for me was the grip screws.

Let me know how you make out

Here is the link you want: http://www.beretta92fs.com/

You do not have to hammer the pin out. Once the lanyard mount is depressed, the pin slides out easily.

After replacing my hammer spring, I have had no misfires due to light primer strikes . I also replaced the recoil spring with with a Wolff extra power spring and it also works perfectly with slightly less felt recoil.

Here is the link you want: http://www.beretta92fs.com/

You do not have to hammer the pin out. Once the lanyard mount is depressed, the pin slides out easily.

After replacing my hammer spring, I have had no misfires due to light primer strikes . I also replaced the recoil spring with with a Wolff extra power spring and it also works perfectly with slightly less felt recoil.

That was the video I watched and I also got a Wolff 16lb spring.

The screws on the grip panels were easy. Mine have a slotted top (regular screw driver) not a hex head (allen wrench).

The Lanyard mount on my gun does not depress. I used a 2x4 as the thing to press against and the Lanyard mount sank ~1/8" into the 2x4 but the Lanyard did not move at all. I wondering if some of the 92FS's use a sliding pin and others use a pin that has to be hammered out.

From the responses so far it looks like 2 were the slide out kind and 1 is a hammer out.

Try the Beretta Forum for more information: http://www.berettaforum.net/

I was wondering if the lanyard mount is hung up on an edge. I cannot believe your pistol has a different method of retaining the hammer spring. Have you made any progress?

PS: After reading this I started looking around and decided I want to replace the trigger spring. I ordered the part from Wolff Springs. I let you know the result.