DevsAdvocate

Maybe I should just sell my AR...

This AR stuff is so tough to do... modding it, getting things done right. I love my Stag-1, but... it's not what I want in a rifle, and I think I might sell it to fund the AR build I've been wanting.

I paid $900 for it during the Obama Gun Boom of 2009, and I took care of it and put 300 rounds through it.

If I decided to sell... how much should I ask for it?

Unfortunatly you bought high and they are now selling low. $900 wasn't too bad of a price but they are going new up here depending on the model from $800 to the 9's.

Did you think about just selling the upper and building on the lower?

Unfortunatly you bought high and they are now selling low. $900 wasn't too bad of a price but they are going new up here depending on the model from $800 to the 9's.

Even if I sell it for $750~800, I would be happy.

I dunno... there is so much I want to do with the damned thing that sometimes it makes sense just to build a whole new upper.

What I really want is a mid-length 16" upper with a 1/7 twist chrome lined barrel with standard (AR) hand guards and an A2 stock. It would be like a "mini-M-16" utilizing irons or my optic.

Making all those changes to my current AR is cost prohibitive.

So much I can do... so little money... :(

I know what you are saying being that I'm involved in my first build now. I was going to buy a completed model and knew I wouldn't be satisfied.

As far as the upper I did get one complete so that it's AWB compliant, but I will most likely replace it with a 1:7 flash suppressed model if I move out of state or the law is struck down.

I made sure to buy goodies like a rail, etc etc that I can just transfer over to the new barrel some day. :)

Cost more but I think I'll be way happier with it than if I just plunked down for a Stag 2T.

I'm at the same point, Devs. I've already poured a good amount into my current rifle, and I want to say I'm done with it for now. What I'm going to do myself is just buy another upper... maybe a 14.5'' bbl w/ pinned muzzle brake or a mid-length... this way I won't have to buy a completely new AR system, but just slap it on my lower for different situations. So, for my current 16'' or midlength, I can keep my variable scope on it... and then on the other I can keep my 517, for example. For me, its a far better option then buying a whole new system as I have no real need for two ARs.

..I have no real need for two ARs.

You can never have too many.... :shock:

This is true :lol: . I forgot to add that I would eventually get a lower, and assemble that portion so I could have two different rifles-- but wouldn't be a priority.

Even if I sell it for $750~800, I would be happy.

I dunno... there is so much I want to do with the damned thing that sometimes it makes sense just to build a whole new upper.

What I really want is a mid-length 16" upper with a 1/7 twist chrome lined barrel with standard (AR) hand guards and an A2 stock. It would be like a "mini-M-16" utilizing irons or my optic.

Making all those changes to my current AR is cost prohibitive.

So much I can do... so little money... :(

Just sell the upper and pickup one from Bravo Company or something? They have a huge selection to fit your needs.

Why would you go through the expense of a conversion? You can order the same thing as a NJ compliant unit easy enough.

Barrels

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=273

Upper Assembly

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=259

If Special Ordered, they will ship NJ compliant. A 1 x 7 barrel is an option at no charge.

Why would you go through the expense of a conversion? You can order the same thing as a NJ compliant unit easy enough.

Barrels

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=273

Upper Assembly

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=259

If Special Ordered, they will ship NJ compliant. A 1 x 7 barrel is an option at no charge.

Hmm, I'll give them a call. I'd really like a 16" 1x7 twist upper with mid length gas system. It's not offered on the site, but maybe they can put one together.

I feel your pain. I sold my Colt Match Target to get a Rock River A4 Varmint. I decided I was more interested in distance shooting with it than I was in using it it to defend my home (That's what the short barrelled Mossy 500 is for :)). I'm not much of a "tactical" guy.

I'm lucky in that I chose Colt. They seem to maintain their value well, or at least better than some others.

A 1x7 twist rate is for heavy lead like 77's, Only people that throw that are the distance and HP guys. Your 16 inch would be more accurate with a 1x9 twist rate.

That's why for my carbine that I'm building, I'm fine with 1x9. If I put together a longer barrel version for distance then it would be better to rock the 1x7.