Sign in to follow this  
Guest *_*

USPSA Match at Old Bridge Sunday Feb 28th...whos going?

Tony, you can register at the following for the Old Bridge match

http://www.obcats.com/

If you sign up for USPSA at the match, the match that day is free.

So your net net is, bring $40 with you if you want to join USPSA or bring $25 if you just want to shoot as a walk on...

Here is a cut from OBcats website. Its loads of fun. I shoot this often with a squad of gun lovers. Its the best. you learn tips, tricks, places to buy cheap ammo, and just how to be a damn good pistol slinger...

"As a general rule, OBCATS will shoot as long as the range conditions are not dangerous. Basically this means that we shoot in all weather EXCEPT heavy rain or ice.

Each match is typically 6 or 7 stages and if weather permits, we may have a rifle, shotgun or handgun side match. The USPSA match is usually 140 to 170 rounds, so if you plan on shooting the side match with your handgun as well, always bring at LEAST 200 rounds.

Signup will start at about 9:00 and close at 9:45 to allow us to set the squads. With cooperation we can start shooting at 10:00. Match fees are $20 for a USPSA member, $25 for a non-USPSA member and $15 for an Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club member. Non-USPSA members can join USPSA for $40 and shoot the match for free.

Awards are as follows:

Division Winner: $ 30.00 (5 in division)

Class Winner: $ 20.00 (3 shooters in class)

Second Place: $ 12.00 (8 shooters in class)

Third Place: $ 8.00 (15 shooters in class)

New Shooters who have not been safety checked should arrive before 9:30 and notify the match director that need a safety check. (Of course, it is always nice to let the Match Director know ahead of time when a new shooter is planning to attend)

The USPSA Match Director is David Marques: (732) 972-6163 - [email protected]

The Assistant Match Director is Jim Norman: (908) 431-1237 - [email protected] Indoor Action

OBCATS also holds an indoor action shoot on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Set-up and Sign-in starts about 6:30, First Shot is about 7:30. This is an informal USPSA-like match shot on our indoor range. We run 4 stages and are usually done by 11pm. Cost is $5 for an Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club member and $20 for a non-member. This is an excellent place to get started in Action Shooting. We run a short tutorial to explain the basics of the rules, a bit of history and a little about scoring. We then give you a safety check and pair you with an experienced shooter to guide you through your match.

The Indoor Match Director is Eric Wiemer. You can contact him at [email protected] Directions

Directions to both the indoor and outdoor range can be found on the Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Web Site

ok, i sighned up..

production class, now i just need to gear up for it.

I also have to figure out how long it will take me to get their..guess i will google it..

72 miles, 1.5 hours..

is it the indoor or outdoor range ?

http://www.oldbridgerifle.com/gun-range-directions.cfm

loaded up 260 rnds of 9mm for this event, 50 rnds will go to brick with me for trial run.

115 GR FMJ 6.4GR #5 AOL 1.130

should be a good load..

going to use the eaa witness compact. checked the list for guns you could use in production class this was the only one i have.

had to order,

3 mags.

holster fobus kydex paddle.

double mag pouch.

loaded up 260 rnds of 9mm for this event, 50 rnds will go to brick with me for trial run.

115 GR FMJ 6.4GR #5 AOL 1.130

should be a good load..

going to use the eaa witness compact. checked the list for guns you could use in production class this was the only one i have.

had to order,

3 mags.

holster fobus kydex paddle.

double mag pouch.

Keep in mind you can compete in open class with anything you want to shoot...

Ill check the hotline and let everyone know.

Sunday looks sunny and 40, so it may go on.

Ill check the hotline and let everyone know.

Sunday looks sunny and 40, so it may go on.

Looks like the weather for sunday has changed...may not happen.

will keep posted.

I can't make it Sunday, but if date changes, I would like to go and just watch.

NO WAY in hell I am even close to being good enough to compete, but would sure like to go and learn.

Since I am 12mn from OB range, I def want to go.

Mike, They have Indoor USPSA "Practice" matches on the first and third Fridays of every month at Old bridge. The matches are all open to the public for a $20 fee if you participate. You can just show up and start asking questions and observe all you want for free.

If you can safely shoot your gun (Load, Cock, Unload, and Show Clear (And keep the muzzle in a safe direction at all times).. it's not as hard as you think... The guys at Old Bridge are very good with new shooters.

(I would recommend starting at a few practice matches before you shell out the cash to go to the "official" big match)

you can check the newsletter here: http://www.oldbridgerifle.com/gun-newsletter.cfm