Sign in to follow this  
DirtyDigz

Necessary to check headspace after re-installing barrel?

did you buy the DD rail yet?

Yes

Curious bc the omega from DD doesnt require barrel removal.

I believe the DD rail I bought, a lite 12.0 FSPM, does require removal of at least the barrel nut since they provide a new custom one for the rail.

Plus if you have a welded comp you wont be able to remove FSB assuming you have one.

Muzzle brake is not pinned/welded **yet**. I don't have a lower receiver yet, so all I have right now are parts, not a firearm. Don't have FSB, ordered it with a micro gas block which is coming off so I can install a Piston system.

The adams piston supposedly works great with that DD you are setting up.

I think there are a few versions of the adams (with and without the one piece carrier). If you do a google 'shopping' search for the adams you may be surprised on the price range vendors are selling it for. If you get the version with the one piece carrier you can just add a bolt (no need to buy the whole standard bolt carrier then retrofit it).

Good luck make sure you post pics of your complete build.

The adams piston supposedly works great with that DD you are setting up.

I think there are a few versions of the adams (with and without the one piece carrier). If you do a google 'shopping' search for the adams you may be surprised on the price range vendors are selling it for. If you get the version with the one piece carrier you can just add a bolt (no need to buy the whole standard bolt carrier then retrofit it).

Good luck make sure you post pics of your complete build.

Adams is one of the best Piston kits out there..mainly because of the 1 piece Bolt Carrier. That said, understand that you WILL have a significant wear spot on the reciever ring, and buffer tube from the carrier tilting.