david8613

1 gun a month law questions...

i have 3 permits that i applied for back in december, i got them in january. the law says 1 gun a month right, does that mean every 30 calander days, or does it mean i can use one on the 28th of febuary then i can use the next march 1st, or do i have to wait until march 28th to make my next purchase? please clear this up, thanks...

Don't forget that your permits are renewable for another 90 days (180 days total, from date of issue). So, providing funds allow, you will be able to fill all three permits. Have fun shopping.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Now here's the fly in the ointment. Is it calendar days or business days? Usually, the state runs on business days. I think it's an interesting point. Business days would make the time span even longer.

The bright side (if there is any) is a police friend of mine said he tihinks the new governor may just scrap the whole project because it is too expensive to re-tool the existing process to make it work effectively. If any other LEO's have heard that, I'm sure we would like to hear from you on such a dreary day.

:hope:

The law is being tried in federal court and most likely will be overturned.

Its 30 days.

I bought a handgun the other night. I asked the guy at the counter how they are keeping track. The store owner says they are keeping a log. If the store is keeping a log then how is the state keeping track. I dont think there is any process in place to track the purchases. I thought there was but now I am not so sure. Is someone at the state going through all the permits and actually keeping track? Its hard enough for them sending background checks out supposedly. I think its a BS. I think there is no system in place. I wouldnt test it though. You know how NJ is. They enforce something at anytime they feel like it then its back to usual.

Both the NJSP and the issuing PD get copies of the Permit to Purchase. Not too big a stretch to think one or both of those entities has been tasked with the responsibility of keeping track. Remember..."...at your own peril."

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Both the NJSP and the issuing PD get copies of the Permit to Purchase. Not too big a stretch to think one or both of those entities has been tasked with the responsibility of keeping track. Remember..."...at your own peril."

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob is right, the local PD keeps a file on each FID card holder, when their copy of the permit is sent to

them and filed under you name and the date, it's not that hard to check the last one that was submitted.

The FFL can and most likely will keep some sort of records but there is nothing to stop me from hitting 2

different shops in one day or week.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob is right, the local PD keeps a file on each FID card holder, when their copy of the permit is sent to

them and filed under you name and the date, it's not that hard to check the last one that was submitted.

The FFL can and most likely will keep some sort of records but there is nothing to stop me from hitting 2

different shops in one day or week.

or what about from a private owner person to person?

Just play it safe, until this BS law is abolished, only one a month (every 30 days). Why run the risk of getting pinched due to being impatient with your purchases. It's beat to have to wait 30 days, but imagine losing all your guns because you couldn't wait a few more days.

Just bought two guns 40 days apart. Here is how it works:

One copy at Gun shop, one local and one SP. I would assume they have a file and when they put the permit in there they can check it against the others. One other thing... I have been asked to sign a piece of paper both times that I did not purchase a hand gun in the last 30 days.

I wonder if anyone bought a handgun in late December of 2009 and then bought another at the beginning of 2010 if that would be legal?

Did someone mention that this bogus law may be overturned?