StriderTB

Picked up a PAP.

Are these chrome lined barrels?

Like lunker said, I see one new on GB with wood stock for $499

No, Zastavas are not chrome lined if I remember correctly.

It doesn't matter much really, unless you're shooting corrosive ammo, or full auto, there's no way in hell a civillian sportsman is going to kill one of those barrels. They have life spans well into the six digit range. My hat's off to anyone who can even afford that much ammo :lol: Not to mention, chrome lining actually reduces accuracy slightly.

If anyone is interested, I will most likely be putting mine up for sale in the Marketplace section. I just bought a VEPR (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =181083036) and be selling something to help pay for it. As of right now, this is probably the gun that I will be selling. My PAP has two hundred rounds through it. I also have two (hard to find) extra metal mags for it, in addition to the single plastic mag that came with the gun. I have the original box and manual. I would ask $500 for the package.

If anyone is interested, I will most likely be putting mine up for sale in the Marketplace section. I just bought a VEPR (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =181083036) and be selling something to help pay for it. As of right now, this is probably the gun that I will be selling. My PAP has two hundred rounds through it. I also have two (hard to find) extra metal mags for it, in addition to the single plastic mag that came with the gun. I have the original box and manual. I would ask $500 for the package.

The VEPR is Nice!

Is your PAP a wood stock? Pics please.

The VEPR is Nice!

Is your PAP a wood stock? Pics please.

Mine is a wood stock. It looks EXACTLY like the ones in the pictures in this thread. As a matter of fact, the gun in the pictures used to be mine. I sold it to JunkmanTed. I will bring mine to BA tonight if you like.

How many rounds does the PAP magazine hold? Do they make 15 round mags for them?

Federal law prohibits the import of semi automatic rifles with magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds, and/or capable of accepting "high capacity" magazines. WASR, PAP, etc. accomplish this by using single stack magazine wells (and then Century subsequently opens up the magazine well to fit standard double stacks) others like Saiga accomplish that by shipping the rifle without a feed ramp and requiring it to use proprietary magazines (also remedied state-side by simply drilling/tapping the trunion and installing a bullet guide)

To the guys having trouble with PAP magazines, I would recommend just opening the magazine well to standard size. You can download blueprints and templates online, and all you need is a Dremel tool and a tungsten carbide cutter bit for $7. The AK's very generous with tolerances and unless you totally drunken monkey fugg the thing, it will come out just fine. After that you can use Saiga 10/15 round double stacks from Izhmash, SGM Tactical, etc.

Not to mention if you ever move out of state, you would be able to use standard military surplus magazines.

thats my future project 8) that im for sure gonna do. but for now im fine with 10rd capacity >>> 2012 is sometime away, no reported sightings of zombies and mexico decided not to invade yet 8)

PS althou i am somewhat worried about canucks

Are these chrome lined barrels?

Like lunker said, I see one new on GB with wood stock for $499

No, Zastavas are not chrome lined if I remember correctly.

This is correct. The PAP does not have a chrome lined barrel.