Only thing I would add, as long as the item is NJ compliant. =), + depending on if their state law allows it.

IE, PA just changed laws that defined AR lowers as pistols, so you cannot buy an ar lower there as their state law does not allow it. However you can buy a Saiga, or any other NJ compliant AK there. They have to do a NJ Certificate of Eligibility, and run nics.

I have purchased on multiple occasions from dealers out of state when I was either at gun shows or on vacation.

I purchased at least 2 mosin's at PA gun shows, purchased a rimfire 22 from a PA dealer in their shop near the poconos, and have bought my Vepr AK from Cabela's in Maine while on a weekend vacation to see some friends there.

Surprisingly, Maine law allows NY and NJ residents to buy out of state guns, however not Mass residents.

So it varies, but yes.

...PA just changed laws that defined AR lowers as pistols, so you cannot buy an ar lower there as their state law does not allow it.

Maks:

That is no more. The PASP got reined-in on their illegal practice of treating pistol-gripped long arms like handguns (an additional form to fill out in PA). However, the prohibition about buying just a receiver outside of NJ is Federal in nature and it still must be delivered through an FFL. Whole long guns, including AR's can be purchased in PA and brought home.

I would advise that you print out several "Certificates of Eligibility" from the NJSP website and take them with you. With those and your FPID you are GTG.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I would advise that you print out several "Certificates of Eligibility" from the NJSP website and take them with you. With those and your FPID you are GTG.

Good advise I keep a bunch in my family car when we take road trips.

What if you do not have a Cert of Eligibility form available when you are making a purchase?

That's why I advised that you take some with you. Not all PA gun dealers may have them or be familiar with them.

OTOH, it's kind of worthless since the two copies go to the dealer and the purchaser - nothing goes to the NJSP or your local PD. NJSP have no jurisdiction to audit PA dealers and the BATFE doesn't care, since this is state law not federal. What good you having a copy does is beyond me, since you have a FPID. Just another waste of paper.

Adios,

Pizza Bob