Caine

Inexpensive Clay Thrower recommendation?

Nice!

I still keep going back and forth between that one and the electric single. Can't make up my mind for sh*t. I may end up flipping a coin at this point :lol: I won't be at the 11th meet, but come May, I think there may be enough orange clays flying to "blot out of the sun" :lol:

Nice!

I still keep going back and forth between that one and the electric single. Can't make up my mind for sh*t. I may end up flipping a coin at this point :lol: I won't be at the 11th meet, but come May, I think there may be enough orange clays flying to "blot out of the sun" :lol:

I did too. Back and forth.

Finally just figured...what the hell. I can accessorize this one, the other one not so much.

So I got it today.

The UPS guy had no problems with it...I went to pick it up and blew my lower spine out but I guess I'm just a big wimp.

Putting the legs one was no biggie.

The stupid spring though? Sheesh.

You have to get the thrower pointed out, then tilt it forward and connect the spring.

What they don't tell you is that the tab you hook the spring to tilts forward and disappears. I literally couldn't figure out where the spring goes until I fumbled around in there and went...OH, look at that.

It's a fairly violent machine. Here's hoping it does well this weekend.

Mark, you are my hero for buying this. My buddy has the same one, and talk about a lot of fun :D You will not be disappointed.

You're coming Sunday? I think you said you were...if Tom comes, we're going to be mad men...lol. As fast as these thing can throw the clays we'll shoot. I need to buy more shells on Saturday.

Out of curiosity, how much of a pain in the butt is it to get the thrower into the back of an SUV? I'm guessing the the clay holder has to be taken off and put back on at the range? Been dealing with back problems the last month or so and I may have to get the "wife" to load it into the jeep for me :D

Mine is coming tomorrow. Unfortunately, the same day I'm getting a netbook delivered. Hoping the UPS guy doesn't stack the heavy box onto the little box :shock:

Out of curiosity, how much of a pain in the butt is it to get the thrower into the back of an SUV? I'm guessing the the clay holder has to be taken off and put back on at the range? Been dealing with back problems the last month or so and I may have to get the "wife" to load it into the jeep for me :D

Mine is coming tomorrow. Unfortunately, the same day I'm getting a netbook delivered. Hoping the UPS guy doesn't stack the heavy box onto the little box :shock:

Depending on what kind of suv you have and the interior height, you may have to take the clay holder off. I don't know what all is involved with that though.

]

It's not quite as heavy as the carton from Natchezss might suggest. I put the the legs on and left the clay stack off and it's nearly filled up the cargo area of my Axiom.

I'm thinking I may have to add the stack post removal from the vehicle.

I'll futz with that tomorrow...the stupid spring though...it says put the flinger at 180... so you do..and the spring tabby tilts forward and you can't see it. heh.

I've had a deep cycle battery for years that I use to power my fireplace insert via an invertor during the winter months when the power goes. Now I have a summer use for it!

I'll futz with that tomorrow...the stupid spring though...it says put the flinger at 180... so you do..and the spring tabby tilts forward and you can't see it. heh.

Glad you mentioned it... I'm sure I would've spent forever trying to figure that out. Gonna have to make sure I watch the video again before trying to put it together

Mark, did you get the caddy(wheel kit and handle) with the thrower also? Oh and I will be there too!

No.

I may make one for it, but didn't buy it nor did I get the wobbler or oscillator.

At CR moving it isn't a big deal anyway, you can just put it on one of the wagons. I am positive you could make it for a lot less than what it retails for. Sunday is gonna be fuuun :dance:

It's a fairly violent machine.

The Safe Release Switch is your friend, before putting your hands in the path of the throwing arm use the switch and uncock the arm. I did not install the Arm Path Indicators on mine, it makes the machine bulky and difficult to transport.

I find it easier to install the clay magazine after I unload the machine. Be gentle the horeshoe shaped top plate is made of plastic and doesn't like to bend.

The cart makes it easy to transport but also adds weight. I manage to load and unload the machine by myself but a helping hand is a major plus.

Mark and Pete, Good Luck with your machines!

\ Be gentle the horeshoe shaped top plate is made of plastic and doesn't like to bend.

I saw that. I just fabricated one out of aluminum.

I see a cottage business coming from this. It's the American Way.