Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

95% Complete Sig 556

So I love the sig 556. best of both worlds, the ak's and ar's.

Only issue I had with it is the original charging handle design, pointing up, would rub against any wide optic, such as eotechs and some acogs. A few aftermarket solutions were around, but I refuse to pay $65 for a slightly bent piece of metal. Luckily, Sig realized the issue and in the new rifles, modified the charging handle design so it points straight out, and not up. After a suggestion on the Sig556 boards, I called up Sig, and was sent a new one free of charge.

Also installed, the magpul angled fore grip. Really nice grip. Only issue, once again, the grip was designed to fit a standard AR rail, so it had to be modified to fit the fishgill design for-end of the sig 556. Dremel made short work of it as the top of the foregrip was modified.

Only thing missing still is a single point sling.

I do have it in the works.... when I got it, it came with the light attachment, however my streamlight is too thin for it, but yes, it is the only tactical/cool thing that will go on it, otherwise.

and thanks guys. =)

May I suggest...

http://www.northeasttactical.com/joomla/

...for your sling. This guy is a retired LEO and he and his wife started this as a cottage industry. They are well respected within the LEO/Military community. I was turned onto them by a friend who was an FBI agent, served two tours in Iraq and is now a RI State Policeman and on their SWAT team. Apparently their business has grown, which says a lot about the quality of their product. Just about any configuration/color you could desire. Nice to do business with also. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob